Booking.com opens 4th Asia-Pacific customer service centre in Bangkok

Booking.com opens 4th Asia-Pacific customer service centre in Bangkok

By THE NATION

09d28832d7d0fb49567470fce1ffd01a.jpeg

ONLINE ACCOMMODATION service Booking.com has opened a 90-seat customer service centre in Bangkok.

The centre’s bilingual staff will support customers and 1.1 million accommodation partners in English, Thai and other Asian languages. 

More than 1.2 million bookings are made through the website every 24 hours.

Full story: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/Startup_and_IT/30303914

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-01-14

3 minutes ago, johng said:

because of low labour costs and tax incentives ?

They pay a decent salary in Bangkok and have always been in Bangkok from day one. This company has Thai roots, after all (albeit founded by foreigners)

8 hours ago, siam2007 said:

oh really ? Then why agoda has its main operation in Bangkok too ?

Well, had mostly positive experience dealing with Booking.com (even when had to contact their costumer support), less so with Agoda. But I'd put the difference to company policies rather than personnel or location of offices.

On 14/01/2017 at 4:02 PM, Morch said:

Well, had mostly positive experience dealing with Booking.com (even when had to contact their costumer support), less so with Agoda. But I'd put the difference to company policies rather than personnel or location of offices.

it is basically the same company (both belong to PRICELINE GROUP) and they nowadays even share several features of each others website (such as reviews). The main difference is agoda is mostly prepaid whereas booking.com mostly paid at the property

1 minute ago, siam2007 said:

it is basically the same company (both belong to PRICELINE GROUP) and they nowadays even share several features of each others website (such as reviews). The main difference is agoda is mostly prepaid whereas booking.com mostly paid at the property

Yep, but intuitively I would have thought that the latter would be trickier from a customer service point of view (greater potential for misunderstandings?).

14 minutes ago, Morch said:

Yep, but intuitively I would have thought that the latter would be trickier from a customer service point of view (greater potential for misunderstandings?).

100% agree which is the reason why I have 270+ bookings with agoda so far, but less than 10 with booking.com

Prepaid means that the property gets paid in every case and this means less danger they give your room away to somebody else, which happens quite frequently (for example in Vietnam), and the danger is bigger the smaller the hotel / gusthouse is

3 minutes ago, siam2007 said:

100% agree which is the reason why I have 270+ bookings with agoda so far, but less than 10 with booking.com

Prepaid means that the property gets paid in every case and this means less danger they give your room away to somebody else, which happens quite frequently (for example in Vietnam), and the danger is bigger the smaller the hotel / gusthouse is

OK. my experience is actually the opposite - had more trouble with Agoda, usually something to do with not getting exactly what we paid for. Guess it would depend on other factors as well, countries visited, level of accommodation sought, and language issues. 

I enjoy the product Booking.com supply, booking hotels simple and efficient. The service works well. Always on the list of arrivals at the airport even if transport not booked! Never been let down by Booking .com regarding confirmed bookings.