Man killed in bike crash at Bang Wad dam

rooster59

Man killed in bike crash at Bang Wad dam

Kritsada Mueanhawong

1_20171141512360_UoiYlZjGfWrqDIYFDdEfpeatwBUWYgxtVgRGGBNl_jpeg.jpeg

PHUKET: A 37-year-old man was killed in a bike crash at Bang Wad dam near Phuket Provincial Waterworks Authority last night.

Kathu Police officers and rescue workers arrived at the scene about 10:30pm to find the body of the victim, named Teerayut KittiKhun, lying on the road with his bike thrown to the side. 

“Rescue workers administered CPR [cardiopulmonary resuscitation], but he had no pulse and could not be revived,” said Capt Watthanathorn Bamrungthin of Kathu Police.

Full story: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Man-killed-bike-crash-Bang-Wad-dam/66135?desktopversion#ad-image-0

pgazette_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket Gazette 2017-01-14

it is 16:39 here in Thailand, so it is early yet. :coffee1:

of course it does take time to get the photos and write the "story", even if it a copy and paste from the last story. 

last night in Hua Hin I saw a Thai man fall off his scooter at a intersection. He was so drunk he could barely stand. He got helped up by some Thai's and took off down the main highway. no helmet of course.

I was behind him and I was going 50 kph and he must have been going over 100 kph and he almost plowed into the center divider. I lost sight of him within 15 seconds. He was in the far right lane, the worst place to be on a scooter on that highway.

very common very late at night in Hua Hin to see cars and pick up trucks doing 120 kph through town in that same lane.

Edited by NCC1701A

50 minutes ago, ChrisY1 said:

What about a mention for the other 40 or 50 that also died on the roads yesterday......?

This death, and the Hua Hin experience recounted, are symptomatic of the disease that afflicts so many in Thailand resulting in the 40 or 50 deaths daily.

The disease that makes ordinary people think it reasonable for drunk, impaired, incompetent and unlicensed suicide seekers and potential murderers the right to drive on the roads without risk of sanction. 

I cycled round that dam in the morning before that accident. It's a fantastic amenity for cyclists but there was a rain shower as I was going round and the large painted patches which indicate the cycling/shared lane looked as slippery as ice. I performed a little test on one and found I could lock up my back wheel without slowing the bicycle down very much.

I wonder if the accident was related to those slippery patches and the sharp curves.

17 minutes ago, madusa said:

Yes, I wonder why she said that too. Please elaborate.

Maybe she can't help herself, she just has to tell the truth 

My opinion SELF INFLICTED I simply move on

The silver lining, no innocent people had to shuffle off this mortal coil of ours because of the actions of the deceased 

A result

5 hours ago, paulsingle said:

I cycled round that dam in the morning before that accident. It's a fantastic amenity for cyclists but there was a rain shower as I was going round and the large painted patches which indicate the cycling/shared lane looked as slippery as ice. I performed a little test on one and found I could lock up my back wheel without slowing the bicycle down very much.

I wonder if the accident was related to those slippery patches and the sharp curves.

Possibly, more like he was an acquaintance of Gonzo,Animal,Kermit and last but not least Miss Piggy

Who knows maybe one day this might just stop, or at least not happen so often, ever the optimist

11 hours ago, ChrisY1 said:

What about a mention for the other 40 or 50 that also died on the roads yesterday......?

For the innocent and there will be many R.I.P.

For the perpetrators, you should have joined Thaivisa and had a butchers at some of the sensible advice available there

Probably wont have helped much, but at least your death wont have come as such a surprise 

I've no idea what caused the accident but from what I saw on that road that day, one could easily lose it without being under the influence of alcohol or drugs and without being reckless. Of course if you add those ingredients into the mix there's a much greater chance of disaster.

I wouldn't feel any sense of satisfaction in the man's death either way.

1 minute ago, paulsingle said:

I've no idea what caused the accident but from what I saw on that road that day, one could easily lose it without being under the influence of alcohol or drugs and without being reckless. Of course if you add those ingredients into the mix there's a much greater chance of disaster.

I wouldn't feel any sense of satisfaction in the man's death either way.

Maybe some do feel satisfaction, who knows, not present company of course

The inevitable is only a matter of time though, I am afraid

No lights, speed, drunk, No Helmet, Wrong side of the road , Take your pick Just a normal day

As i said not the drivers fault its the police fault for not making them obey the rules Beginning to think the police dont know the rules themselves