Banks respond to BOT’s call

Banks respond to BOT’s call

By  THE NATION

THE BANK Of Thailand has asked financial institutions to relax the conditions of debt repayment for their customers who have been affected by the floods in the South.

In a circular letter, the central bank called on lenders to implement measures to help customers directly and indirectly.

To help them directly, the financial institutions were asked to approve working-capital loans to customers who require money to fix their homes or businesses.

Full story: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/business/EconomyAndTourism/30304064

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-01-14

20 hours ago, rooster59 said:

THE BANK Of Thailand has asked financial institutions to relax the conditions of debt repayment for their customers who have been affected by the floods in the South.

Thank you my bank who has now lowered the interest they will pay me from 1.5% to 1.375% Very generous of you. I understand that savers are second class citizens while borrowers go to the head of the line. I remember years ago interest hit 18% under Volcker I believe. I should have bought a 100 year Tbill at the time but greedy me thought rates would go higher. Oh for the good old days.