extension of non-O timing

Hello, I am currently holding a non-O 1-year multiple entry visa expiring July 10 2017 (married to thai wife, living in TH). I go often out of the country so I am trying to find the best timing for the first extension and future renewals. 

- is July 9 the last day I can re-renter Thailand to get an additional 90 day entry?

- if yes is it correct that I will be able to apply for first 1 year extension earliest on Sep 6 and extension with re-entry permit will be valid from October 6 2017 to October 6 2018?  Extension renewal can be then applied from Sep 6 2018 and be valid again from Oct 6 2018 to Oct 6 2019?

- if I want to postpone extension month to nov-jan,  what are my options? I will not be in Thailand more than 5 weeks at once until my current visa expire.  Should I let visa expire and get non-o single entry abroad ? (more difficult these days I heard) or use 2-month extension + single re-entry permit (valid Oct 6 to Dec 6 2017) before applying for 1 year extension on Nov 6 valid from Dec 6 to Dec 6 following year? 

Any hints would be highly appreciated!

If the 10th of July is the enter before date on your visa you can do a entry on or before that date and get a new 90 day entry.

If you wanted to delay doing your extension you could apply for a 60 day extension of the last 90 day entry from your visa to visit your wife. Getting a re-entry permit would keep the 60 day extension valid.

You can apply for the one year extension at any time during the last 30 days of your 90 day entry or the 60 day extension up to the date they end.

What you wrote will work and is correct.

You don't have to wait until your visa expires to apply for the extension you can do it during the last 30 days of any of the 90 day entries from it.

Thanks ubonjoe for confirming! :) 

Good to know I could re-enter on the "enter before" day but I will play safe and come back 1 or 2 before.

September/October is actually a good time for me to renew, so will go the easy route and apply for 1 year extension at the end of my last 90 day entry.

16 minutes ago, VIBE said:

Hi,

I just read this and hope its true.  My non-O expires March 17th and I will not be here.  I will return mid April, so was hoping I could extend my current extension for 60 days, then when I return, do the one year extension.  A visa agent said this is not possible, that I can only do the 1 year extension, but I would need to be back by April 16th or I will loose the visa.  I can not be certain I will be back on that day.  What are my options.

Many thanks....

You can certainly get a 60 day extension to visit your wife and get a re-entry permit that will keep the remainder of it valid when you enter the country.

Perhaps show clause 2.24 of  Police Order 327/2557  basis for extension of stay to the agent.

You could also also leave and re-enter the country before you start your trip and get a new 90 day entry and get a re-entry permit for it.

You could also apply for the extension of your current 90 day entry during the last 30 days of it. You don't have to wait for your visa to expire to apply for the one year extension.

11 hours ago, VIBE said:

Hmmm, I am currently on a non-O 1 year extension, that expires March 16th.  I already have a re-entry permit for the 1 year non-O.  Do you think a 60 day extension can still be done?

Thanks much...

You wrote that your non-o visa was expiring with no mention of you actually having an extension of stay that is not visa.

Your re-entry permit is only valid until the date your extension ends.

When are you leaving the country? Immigration will only do a 60 day extension during the last couple of weeks of your extension.

• 8 months later...
4 minutes ago, julot said:

Is it possible to do a 60 day extension (thai spouse) on a non-o single entry visa in a different province than my wife province? 

It can be done at any immigration office if you have proof of residence within that offices area of responsibility.

5 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

It can be done at any immigration office if you have proof of residence within that offices area of responsibility.

Ok. So would a short-term rent lease would be sufficient? We are planning to be based this winter in a different province and it would be nice to avoid coming back home just for the extension...

20 minutes ago, julot said:

Ok. So would a short-term rent lease would be sufficient? We are planning to be based this winter in a different province and it would be nice to avoid coming back home just for the extension...

That would be enough.