Govt prepares for more heavy rains in flood-affected areas

webfact

Govt prepares for more heavy rains in flood-affected areas

fl.jpg

BANGKOK, 16 January 2017 (NNT) - The government has made preparations for more heavy rains in the southern region by urgently pumping the flood waters out. People in the flood-affected areas have been warned to brace themselvess for the heavy rains. 

Government Spokesman Lt.Gen. Sansern Kaewkamnerd said the flooding in most southern provinces had already improved but some areas in Surat Thai and Nakhon Si Thammarat were still heavily flooded. More than 70 pumps and 50 water propelling machines had been installed and many water courses had been dredged in preparation for heavy rains from 16-18 December, said the spokesman. 

Lt.Gen. Sansern said Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha had instructed the governors of the flood-affected provinces to warn people and manage their flood prevention systems well during this period. The premier also instructed the Ministry of Interior to create flow routes in an effort to prevent flooding in the long run.

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2017-01-16

Twelve southern provinces brace for more flooding after heavy rain forecast
By THE NATION

03f4afabacf8e161653afb7ca5658c9b-sld.jpe

BANGKOK: -- THE DEPARTMENT of Disaster Prevention and Mitigation has issued a warning for 12 southern provinces to brace for potentially massive rainfall over the next five days, starting today.

Just hit by massive floods that have not completely receded, the southern provinces have been asked to take preparatory measures to cope and try to prevent further damages and casualties, as the death toll from flooding to date has reached 41.

Five of the 12 provinces are on high alert for flash floods and landslides, including high-risk areas such as Lang Suan in Chumphon province; Patoh and Lamae districts in Surat Thani province; Ta Chana, Chaiya, Ta Chang, and Kanchanadit districts in Nakhon Si Thammarat province; as well as some districts in Phatthalung and Songkhla provinces.

Full story: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/national/30304196

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-01-16

.....had instructed the governors of the flood-affected provinces to warn people and manage their flood prevention systems....

Flood prevention systems?
I did not know they had such.
I wonder, why the southern provinces are all flooded then.

Hahaha...i just thought, i read the words "government" and "prepared" in one sentence...

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Sent from my ASUS_Z00UD using Thaivisa Connect mobile app