Trump says Brexit to be 'a great thing', wants very substantial cut in nuclear weapons

webfact

16 hours ago, nakhonandy said:

The UK doesn't want either.

They want border control first. Then they want trade agreements not the single market.

Taxes on trade work both ways incidentally and the UK imports more than it exports regarding the EU.

16 hours ago, nakhonandy said:

The UK doesn't want either.

They want border control first. Then they want trade agreements not the single market.

Taxes on trade work both ways incidentally and the UK imports more than it exports regarding the EU.

You seem to ignore the London Financial Market (representing quite a slice of the GDP of the UK). You seem to ignore the many non European companies (not only Americans) having their HQ in the UK to allow them free access to the EU. All this will disappear with the "hard Brexit". I doubt that the results will be that wonderful for the UK, inspite of what Mrs. May, or Mr. Trump may say. 

"I think Brexit is going to end up being a great thing," Trump said. "I’ll tell you, the fact that your pound sterling has gone down? Great. Because business is unbelievable in a lot of parts in the UK."

Weak pound is great?! how many chaps here agree? For a visitor its great, but for fellow brits its not, it cost more to buy and import.

4 hours ago, abrahamzvi said:

You seem to ignore the London Financial Market (representing quite a slice of the GDP of the UK). You seem to ignore the many non European companies (not only Americans) having their HQ in the UK to allow them free access to the EU. All this will disappear with the "hard Brexit". I doubt that the results will be that wonderful for the UK, inspite of what Mrs. May, or Mr. Trump may say. 

The financial institutions are staying, in fact a couple of new businesses are moving to London.

Anyhow nobody knows what will be agreed yet.

The UK and Europe will still need each others markets

17 hours ago, nakhonandy said:

The financial institutions are staying, in fact a couple of new businesses are moving to London.

Anyhow nobody knows what will be agreed yet.

The UK and Europe will still need each others markets

We now know -hard Brexit. Are the financial institutions staying? As far as I know quite a few are packing after Mrs. May's speech and such cities as Dublin, Frankfurt and Paris are waiting. You are right, the UK and the EU do need each other, the question being in which form. The UK represents a market of 60 million consumers, the EU of 400. It's a great pity that the EU has taken a regrettable decision and I am absolutely sure they will live to greatly regret it, unfortunately!

From the OP:

"I think Brexit is going to end up being a great thing," Trump said. "I’ll tell you, the fact that your pound sterling has gone down? Great. Because business is unbelievable in a lot of parts in the UK."

And then there's this take:

Donald Trump’s trade chief said ‘Brexit is God-given opportunity for Britain’s financial rivals'

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/donald-trump-s-trade-chief-brexit-god-given-right-eu-a7495906.html

Brexit is a ‘God-given opportunity’ to steal trade from UK: Wilbur Ross

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/12/27/brexit-is-a-god-given-opportunity-to-steal-trade-from-uk-wilbur-ross.html

Use Brexit to steal UK trade, says Trump aide

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/use-brexit-to-steal-uk-trade-says-trump-aide-22rkpmfr7