CRF250L Engine Swap

canthai55

Cheers for the links canthai55.  The CRF250L conversion with the CB500R motor looked sweet.  Didn't like the front fairing too much but what a difference it made to the pickup and top speed...I think I saw him doing 175kmph.  Hell my CRF250 was only good to about 125kmph.

Id love to see Honda put out a CRF500 Rally cause their 250 Rally looks sweet albeit underpowered.

I just finished watching the CB300 install..... pretty straight forward that one, and I agree with the general consensus that Honda should have brought out the CRF with the 300 instead of the 250 motor right from the get go.

Again thanks for the links.... gives me a few ideas if I get another CRF.  Was toying in getting a DRZ400sm or even going the CB500X as I'm mainly riding on road.  However the DRZ is getting a bit long in the tooth although they are pretty much bulletproof and are still being made (A lot more available in Aussie or NZ than here unfortunately). 

Time will tell...

I picked up a 2017 last month. Using it for access to the winding, tight mountain roads out my back door that are - in spots - full of broken and missing sections of asphalt. Works well. They do not make a M model so bought an L and a set of 17' s installed. Knobbies still unused.

jesus what a lot of work to get the 500cc in there ,,,,seriously he seems to have overlooked just buying a ktm 690smc:)

its a bit much for the average guy chopping the frame in half....the 300cc is interesting just bolts straight in there.

all them mods good if you use it on the road a lot ,,,,,but the weight  is the biggest problem when off roading with this bike ,the small power doesn't really bother me when off roading.

The 500cc engine swap looks good and the performance is pretty amazing, but I would have started with a Honda CB500X and modified it do come to a similar solution. Using a Honda CB500X would make the motorcycle still road legal...

I posted just to show another person thinking 'outside the box' so to speak. Like ideas like this - trying something completely off the wall. That is the reason I like the Thai custom bike scene - even the scooters. Guys with little money - but lots of imagination ! Anybody can buy a bike - but can you build one ?