1 Year Extension Based On Marriage - 4th year and still need 2 witnesses?

I was told again (at the immigration) that 2 witnesses must still come with us to the immigration, is this really true? I am getting frustrated with having to ask neighbours to go with us during working hours when they have to work. Should not this be required for the first year only? Can I file a complaint somewhere?

It absurd to need witnesses after the first extension but some offices require it.

Not sure doing a complaint would help. 

Perhaps ask the office if they will accept a written statement from them with copies of their ID card and house book attached.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

It absurd to need witnesses after the first extension but some offices require it.

Not sure doing a complaint would help. 

Perhaps ask the office if they will accept a written statement from them with copies of their ID card and house book attached.

When I was still married on a mariage visa (extention based on mariage) I had more then a few home visits and they kept asking for witnesses. Its quite boring to bother your neighbors for it especially because we did not have much contact with them. The fact that I lived close to immigration must have had something to do with the yearly home visits as I was an easy target. (4km ride or so)

7 minutes ago, robblok said:

When I was still married on a mariage visa (extention based on mariage) I had more then a few home visits and they kept asking for witnesses. Its quite boring to bother your neighbors for it especially because we did not have much contact with them. The fact that I lived close to immigration must have had something to do with the yearly home visits as I was an easy target. (4km ride or so)

I have done 9 extensions based upon marriage and have never had a house visit or needed witnesses. For the first extension they gave us a letter to the local police requesting them to write a letter after they accepted the application. Got 3 letters, one from the chief and two from officers we knew that the wife took to immigration.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I have done 9 extensions based upon marriage and have never had a house visit or needed witnesses. For the first extension they gave us a letter to the local police requesting them to write a letter after they accepted the application. Got 3 letters, one from the chief and two from officers we knew that the wife took to immigration.

in my 9 years of marriage had them here at home 4  (in a row the last years) times and when they came they wanted witnesses too. I really got bored with that. One would think that inspecting us once and talking to witnesses would have been enough. The fact that we had no kids seemed to be important to them. But as I said I live so close to immigration that they might have used me to fill up their target of home visits as its so easy to go here and then claim they were busy for the rest of the day (maybe it was in my mind but just found it crazy to have so many home visits) Showed them around the house showed them the cupboard with clothes bedroom and so on.  

At Jomtien they told me that as my wife and I have no kids ( looking after grandkid doesn't count )

they  require a (single) witness each year  ( they forgot to ask the 2nd year )  1st,3rd and fourth we used the same witness.

Never had a home visit from immigration....

1 hour ago, JayBird said:

What happens if you live in a massive condo in Bangkok and don't know any of your neighbours?  Or don't really know anyone in the city?

Time to drag the girl who works at Boots and at the Massage shop in?

Since Bangkok Immigration Division 1 at Chaengwattana don't insist on having neighbours/witnesses etc., to support an application for annual extension of stay, it is unlikely that you would need to resort to dragging the girl who works at Boots and at the Massage shop into Bangkok Immigration to support your application. No need to worry about this if in Bangkok.

2 hours ago, mark5335 said:

Since Bangkok Immigration Division 1 at Chaengwattana don't insist on having neighbours/witnesses etc., to support an application for annual extension of stay, it is unlikely that you would need to resort to dragging the girl who works at Boots and at the Massage shop into Bangkok Immigration to support your application. No need to worry about this if in Bangkok.

maybe for now but you never know when they change their mind

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Yeah, I live in BKK but even for first extension no witnesses, letters or visits. Just did my fourth. They were almost nice as well. In and out in CW in 90 minutes including the wait.