Can i extend my type O visa 90 days in Bangkok office?

Dear all,

Due to medical reasoning of my wife and my Non-Immigrant Type O (90 days) visa will soon come to expire, i am wondering if i can get visa extension from Chaengwattan Immigration Office for another 30 days?

I was told that if i cross border (Laos or Cambodia) a.k.a thaivisarun, i could only get 14 days top. I am Indonesian and currently stayed in the hospital. 

I have tried countless times to call Chaengwattana office but no luck. I would very much appreciate if anyone know any contact number (preferably personal contact of any immigration officer). 

Please help me because if i cant get 30 days visa extension, i might need to contact my airline to arrange a flight to nearby country (Malaysia), in and out in the same day. And if it is possible for me to extend my 90 days visa, what documents do i need to prepare?

And by the way, i am married to Thai women but i cant provide bank statement shows at least 400K baht and/or minimum monthly income of 40K baht. My child is Thai citizen. I have every documents related to our marriage.

Other than Chaengwattana Gov House, is there any office in Bangkok that i could get extension of 30 days visa? (Marriage visa would be a blessing if i could obtain, but i dont think i am eligible for it yet).

Thank you for any advices. 

Regards

You can get a 60 day extension from Immigration. 1,900 Baht fee.

Leaving the country and returning will get you 30 days.

Another option would be to obtain a Multi Entry Non Imm O Visa from  Savanakhet Laos.  5,000 Baht fee.

This would get you around 15 months but would mean a border run every 90 days.

Edited by Lite Beer
  • Like 1

Since you are married to a Thai you can apply for a 60 day extension to visit her. No financial proof would be needed. Your wife will need to be with you when your apply. You will need your marriage certificate plus a copy, copies of your wife's house book registry and ID card.

You will also need proof your are living in Bangkok.

Since the 31st of December you would get a 30 day entry at a border crossing. The 15 day entry rule was revoked then.

• Like 1

Thank you for all replies. at the moment, my wife wouldnt be able to travel to any government places to accompany me. my visa is SINGLE ENTRY typo O with 90 days validity, soon to reach the 80th day. 

I was told border run would only get me 14 days top.. but i'd prefer if i could simply visit Chaengwattana (did i get the office right?) government complex building and extend my visa. I would be very much grateful if i can apply for 60 days instead of 30 days (as of now i only need 30 days but i cant guarantee to stay less or more than 30 days).

And one more thing, if i were to extend my visa as earlier as possible (instead of waiting for the 90th day), would they count the extention from the moment i submit my passport (say i submit/apply for visa extension on the 80th day -- gives me 10 days head start)? or would they extend my length of my stay counting off from the 90th day regardless when my passport was submitted?

22 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Since you are married to a Thai you can apply for a 60 day extension to visit her. No financial proof would be needed. Your wife will need to be with you when your apply. You will need your marriage certificate plus a copy, copies of your wife's house book registry and ID card.

You will also need proof your are living in Bangkok.

Since the 31st of December you would get a 30 day entry at a border crossing. The 15 day entry rule was revoked then.

Hi, i am currently reside in Bangkok, been living in hospital guest house for weeks now. With exception of my thai wife wouldnt be able to travel with me to government building, all documents are ready to accomodate my visa extension. I even have my Thai child passport with me. 

My visa is non immigrant type 0 single entry (not multiple entry), would that still make me be eligible to 60 days extension?

And which office do you recommend me to extend the visa in Bangkok? i only know Chaengwattana and that building is huge and sometime i found myself lost there. I'd prefer if there is any intermediary services that can help me cater for the extension, hence i can spend more time with my family in the hospital.

Thanks for the advices.

22 hours ago, Lite Beer said:

You can get a 60 day extension from Immigration. 1,900 Baht fee.

Leaving the country and returning will get you 30 days.

Another option would be to obtain a Multi Entry Non Imm O Visa from  Savanakhet Laos.  5,000 Baht fee.

This would get you around 15 months but would mean a border run every 90 days.

Hi, thanks for the reply. Would you recommend me Immigration office in Bangkok? i've only known Chaengwattana Complex Government Building and it's quite a distance from the hospital i'm living. Is there any intermediary service to help me extend the visa?

If you had proof you wife was unable to travel  immigration would do the 60 day extension. You can also get the extension to visit your child. You would need their birth certificate plus a copy and a copy of their house book registry.

There is not 30 day extension you can apply for. Those are only issued for visa exempt and tourist visa entries.

You were given out dated info about only getting a 14 day entry. Since December 31st you would get a 30 day entry.

A extension starts from the end of you current 90 day entry. You can apply early and lose no days.

Chaeng Wattana immigration is the only immigration office in Bangkok where you can apply for the extension. Perhaps check with the hospital about getting their assistance with applying for the extension. Many large hospitals have personnel that that handle immigration issues.

• Like 2