JIB laptop Windows 10 upgrade offer

damole

I saw this HP G4 laptop for sale in JIB Panthip Chiang Mai yesterday.  I asked the sales person to confirm several times about the Windows 10 upgrade, explaining in Thai as far as I knew the offer finished end of July last year and was assured it was still valid.  Is it possible for the offer to come with this specific laptop or is the salesperson just misinformed?

Windows10UpgradeOffer.jpg

Windows activation servers are to this day allowing some win7 oem upgrades to win10 but there have been a few fails. Ask JIB to do it for you, no 10 no pay. They might tell you to F off.

Edited by maxpower
stuff

Not to get into a 7 vs 10 discussion but 7 extended support ends in 3 years.  I would like to think the friend I am helping choose the laptop for will be able to use it for longer than that.

I was looking for the cheapest laptop with an original copy of Windows and this was the best I found. 

A friend of mine from the UK just recently upgraded his desktop's motherboard, CPU and RAM and his Windows would no longer activate so he bought an OEM Windows 10 from EBay for 5 GBP and said it activated fine.  This would give me the option to choose a DOS laptop for my friend and buy the Windows 10.

3 hours ago, damole said:

A friend of mine from the UK just recently upgraded his desktop's motherboard, CPU and RAM and his Windows would no longer activate

The Microsoft activation server sees that as a new PC. The only way out is a long drawn out process with customer support.

On 1/19/2017 at 0:32 PM, damole said:

Not to get into a 7 vs 10 discussion but 7 extended support ends in 3 years.  I would like to think the friend I am helping choose the laptop for will be able to use it for longer than that.

I was looking for the cheapest laptop with an original copy of Windows and this was the best I found. 

A friend of mine from the UK just recently upgraded his desktop's motherboard, CPU and RAM and his Windows would no longer activate so he bought an OEM Windows 10 from EBay for 5 GBP and said it activated fine.  This would give me the option to choose a DOS laptop for my friend and buy the Windows 10.

That is not the cheapest laptop with Windows 10 by any means - I bought below from there Festival Eastville store here in Bangkok about six months ago and working fine for granddaughter.  https://www.jib.co.th/web/index.php/product/readProduct/22562/2/NOTEBOOK-LENOVO-IP100S-14IBR-80R900E5TA

NOTEBOOK LENOVO IP100S-14IBR-80R900E5TA (80R900E5TA)

รับประกัน 1-Y

ราคา 11,990 บาท

ส่งฟรี

Template_JIB1000438.jpg

Edited by lopburi3

Thanks for the suggestion.  The best I've found now is this HP model. I'm really looking for something with a Core i3 or i5.  Interesting that the model you posted doesn't seem to show which CPU it has, something I usually consider quite important.

43 minutes ago, damole said:

Thanks for the suggestion.  The best I've found now is this HP model. I'm really looking for something with a Core i3 or i5.  Interesting that the model you posted doesn't seem to show which CPU it has, something I usually consider quite important.

The link does identify the CPU...it's a Intel Pentium N3710.  

Capture.JPG

The N3710 CPU has enough horsepower for basic computering....it's got about half the horsepower of a lower speed i5 CPU.

http://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=Intel+Pentium+N3710+%40+1.60GHz