Handicapped burger seller says his "life has collapsed" after media attention

webfact

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, thai3 said:

A few negative comments on line and his life collapsed, pretty fragile life then.

How could you possible know? Given that his life didn't collapse after losing both legs, I'd say he's much less fragile than most.

9 hours ago, StefanBBK said:

I think it would be best to close any thread related to nonameburgers. We should respect his explicit wish and stop talking about him. Mods?

6 pages later... Oh well, that didn't work.

40 minutes ago, Deepinthailand said:

Are you sure the guy is not a thai citizen 100%sure?

its simple ,very simple . if he was a thai citizen ,there would not be any problem ,would there ? 

all this publicity would be doing him and his business the whole world of good and not causing him so much grief ,wouldnt you agree ?

Edited by sirmud63

11 minutes ago, sirmud63 said:

its simple ,very simple . if he was a thai citizen ,there would not be any problem ,would there ? 

all this publicity would be doing him and his business the whole world of good and not causing him so much grief ,wouldnt you agree ?

It's not as simple as you seem to think if he is or not. He has been through a massive trauma losing his legs, he picks himself up self astiem  comes back slowly. Then someone starts to rave about now what 3 the first headline "legless man" coments like that does wonders for your self self astiem back down to rock bottom. So he carries on working citizen or not then all the snide backstabbing insults come flooding in as he himself said he was verbally abused. People flock to his buisness but not to eat burgers to stare at this Legless man. So no its not that simple, maybe it is to those who don't think before engaging gobs. So in his case no I don't agree the publicity did him any favors.

Edited by Deepinthailand

" Mr Payne lost both his legs after going out jogging and fainting. He fell on a railway track and a train went over him. He said on his page that this happened in the UK.

not against his life choices  but how did he end up in thailand broke and selling burgers on the street>  wouldn't he have gotten something from the RR in the  UK?

I have never seen anywhere it posted he had thai citizenship,

I know ONLY 2 expats that have thai citizenship and it took them decades of living and working here to obtain it.

Edited by phuketrichard

He has a low below the knee amputation and state of the art prosthetics and is very active so perhaps he doesn't consider himself disabled and is distressed because of people writing 'Oh, look at the handicapped person making burgers, isn't he clever'. As an aside, many people with prosthetic legs wear shorts because they find it easier to walk in them.

9 hours ago, ThaiCitizen said:

So handicapped people should be able to break the law and get special treatment?

I bet he gets disability money from his home country.

Proper hateful specimen here, lets hope our paths never cross.

11 hours ago, BMW Overlander said:

Most probably he was referring to this site. Some of the worst posters at any forum worldwide reside here.

Loaded with inferiority complex, down and out in private and professional life, shunned in social circles. Losers....

I agree, this forums seems to gather some serious psychopath hiding behind their screen of anonymity, and proceed to bash other people just because of their own mediocre life.

I don't understand. He is obviously a survivor, yet he crumpled over online comments about him and his family? A boxer and a pilot should have thicker skin than that.

I hope he dusts off and gets back at it.

It's a shame there is so much hatred here for our own. It's no wonder so many of you left your homeland and settled down here with uneducated bar girls who will take your endless verbal abuse and keep serving you cold ones. I don't know who here fits that bill, but you will know who you are when you read it.

12 hours ago, ThaiCitizen said:

So handicapped people should be able to break the law and get special treatment?

How do you know he broke the law, making assumptions is just plain silly.   And to add, how is he handicapped, he is out there doing something positive and maybe if there were more people with the tenacity in this world like him, the world might be a bit more of a positive place.  

Edited by steveyinasia

1 hour ago, dcnx said:

I don't understand. He is obviously a survivor, yet he crumpled over online comments about him and his family? A boxer and a pilot should have thicker skin than that.

I hope he dusts off and gets back at it.

It's a shame there is so much hatred here for our own. It's no wonder so many of you left your homeland and settled down here with uneducated bar girls who will take your endless verbal abuse and keep serving you cold ones. I don't know who here fits that bill, but you will know who you are when you read it.

Crumbled under pressure if I lost my legs and people commented as they have I think I would do the same. I think I'm immune and thick skinned but certain events in my life brought those perceptions of myself crashing down like rice paper.

I totally agree with you about the hatred and bile people here spew out. But what goes around comes around.

Edited by Deepinthailand

14 hours ago, ThaiCitizen said:

So what if he does, why should that matter to you. Live and let live

It's this pathetic site full of low level scum who have forced this disabled guy trying to eeek out an existence to shelve this plan.

So all those posters you can congratulate yourselves.  

Hope you're proud of yourselves.    Well done you utter scumbags.  

No wonder why a call from a thaivisa reporter went unanswered, would you answer a call from the Devil himself? 

This site used to be pleasant, but now it's just filled to the brim with hate and spite from old tossers who are resigned to bicker from a keyboard while they wait to die.  Absolutely pathetic

10 hours ago, brucegoniners said:

There are some really evil people on this forum. Leave the poor guy alone and stop slamming him.

Worry about your own miserable life, which is obviously quite miserable if you have anything negative to say about this man.

You know who you are.

Now go ahead, slam me, I can take it.

Leave the poor guy alone?
Gareth lost both of his legs in 2001 when he was jogging along a railway line in Cheshunt, Hertfordshire. He fainted on the tracks and when he regained consciousness he was unable to get out of the way of an oncoming train.
Read more at: http://www.spaldingtoday.co.uk/news/train-accident-survivor-beats-all-odds-1-584953
the 25-year-old knows that he was lucky to survive "I was told I would be in hospital for two months but through my own hard work I was out in one. ''The first thing I did was go out and buy a racing wheelchair. "It was the same when I got my new legs. I was told that it would take me three months to get used to them but I took my first steps that day. "I just didn't give up. I set myself three goals - to walk, run and sprint within a year and I did it.
does anyone really think, such a man will cry like a child over some critical posts, probably his thai wife has given this advice, to get more media attention, soon he will reopen a much bigger foodstall.

7 hours ago, ThaidaGwaii said:

I agree, this forums seems to gather some serious psychopath hiding behind their screen of anonymity, and proceed to bash other people just because of their own mediocre life.

Better termed 'sociopaths'. 

Welcome. 

19 hours ago, daveAustin said:

Salute him for having the stones to do what he's doing, but don't get it.

Hes only selling burgers not climbing the North face of the Eiger. I don't see what all the fuss is about myself. Good luck to the bloke, but I fail to see whats wrong with him selling burgers.

16 hours ago, balo said:

Why is this guy not in the UK and receiving disability allowance ? With his handicap he would probably receive 100k baht every month. He could support his Thai family and travel to Thailand with a visa like the rest of us. He must be very poor if he need to sell street food to survive.

100k a month?? I looked up disability benefits in UK lately and they don`t come close unless you included housing benefit to that and that is paid to landlords direct.

27 minutes ago, ronaldo0 said:

100k a month?? I looked up disability benefits in UK lately and they don`t come close unless you included housing benefit to that and that is paid to landlords direct.

Agreed about the farcical statement he made. But housing benifits now are paid to the client not the landlord any more unfortunately. That's why a lot of us landlords won't take DSS any more to much hassle.

16 hours ago, balo said:

Why is this guy not in the UK and receiving disability allowance ? With his handicap he would probably receive 100k baht every month. He could support his Thai family and travel to Thailand with a visa like the rest of us. He must be very poor if he need to sell street food to survive.

He could well be receiving disability benefits back in the UK , A friend of mine was on sickness benefit and spent a year in Thailand .

Although to be receiving sickness benefit, you have to be living in the UK .

My friend posted some photos of himself in Thailand, the DSS saw them and stopped his benefits and made him pay the money back

37 minutes ago, Deepinthailand said:

Agreed about the farcical statement he made. But housing benifits now are paid to the client not the landlord any more unfortunately. That's why a lot of us landlords won't take DSS any more to much hassle.

Didn't know that. Must be a lot off people scamming that or claiming they are living in an expensive place when renting a hole somewhere.

24 minutes ago, sanemax said:

He could well be receiving disability benefits back in the UK , A friend of mine was on sickness benefit and spent a year in Thailand .

Although to be receiving sickness benefit, you have to be living in the UK .

My friend posted some photos of himself in Thailand, the DSS saw them and stopped his benefits and made him pay the money back

Disability benefit you have to have a UK residence address but you can be out off the country for up to 20 weeks i think it is and still get benefits.Just means you have to do a UK border run !!

20 hours ago, thai3 said:

it appears so if promoting tourism, but there is no way he has Thai citizenship in 12years at most, and with his speaking ability

Category C.

You are allowed to do the following:
Exporting, all wholesale trades not in A & B. retiling machinery, equipment & tools, selling food, beverages that promote tourism. Industrial & handicraft Business: manufacturing animal feeds, vegetable oil extraction, textile manufacturing, dyeing, fabric printing, glass ware manufacturing, making plates and bowls, stationary & printing paper, rock salt mining, mining.

The whole quote would be helpful

Category C.

You are allowed to do the following:
Exporting, all wholesale trades not in A & B. retiling machinery, equipment & tools, selling food, beverages that promote tourism. Industrial & handicraft Business: manufacturing animal feeds, vegetable oil extraction, textile manufacturing, dyeing, fabric printing, glass ware manufacturing, making plates and bowls, stationary & printing paper, rock salt mining, mining.

In the category, you have to apply for a work permit in order to do business legally in Thailand.