Handicapped burger seller says his "life has collapsed" after media attention

webfact

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, ronaldo0 said:

Didn't know that. Must be a lot off people scamming that or claiming they are living in an expensive place when renting a hole somewhere.

They do checks to make sure you are living where you say that's not the problem it's getting the rent of the Tennant now. Worse thing they ever did was stop paying rent direct to landlord. I must be 5 or 6000 out of pocket due to solicitors fees and the like to get them out for non payment. And the stupid thing is the law as it is, is more in there favour. Still don't and won't ever have DSS in there now just not worth it.

19 hours ago, phuketrichard said:

not against his life choices  but how did he end up in thailand broke and selling burgers on the street>  wouldn't he have gotten something from the RR in the  UK?

I have never seen anywhere it posted he had thai citizenship,

I know ONLY 2 expats that have thai citizenship and it took them decades of living and working here to obtain it.

The burger stall is just his hobby. His fulltime work is as a pilot for a Thai budget airline. He will meet the salary criteria for citizenship and he also speaks acceptable Thai. There are a number of farang professionals who have gained citizenship in under 5 years. This guy is genuine.

On 1/19/2017 at 0:19 PM, thai3 said:

If you want to be left alone keep off fb, line, the newspapers and off the telly. You can't really expect 100% believers and supporters, especially if you are not telling the truth

Your right tha3 but these social medias are the new social drugs of the day. Man has beat his breast ever since he learned to walk upright. Nothing has changed. The Trumpeteers believe in Trump because they believe what his fingers Tweet.

15941333_1842922535992928_8161136049241075782_n.jpg

mobile-phone-zombies1_1875.jpg

On 19/01/2017 at 6:24 AM, ozsamurai said:

Live by the sword......

Live by the sword? He has hardly done anything violent. Some of  you guys are so bloody self righteous, you should read your posts. The guy was hurting no one maybe he should not have posted in fb, don't you ever make mistakes or are you all so bloody perfect. 

3 hours ago, draks said:

Live by the sword? He has hardly done anything violent. Some of  you guys are so bloody self righteous, you should read your posts. The guy was hurting no one maybe he should not have posted in fb, don't you ever make mistakes or are you all so bloody perfect. 

I took it to mean 'double-edged' re publicity.

HTH

On 19/1/2017 at 2:51 PM, NotThatGuy said:

TV members at their best: Bitter diatribes about other folk to distract them from their own misery.

Let's pick a topic:

• Those damn Thai (males, drivers, youth, politicians) no respect for anyone, selfish and lazy.
  • Those damn (Russian, Chinese, Arab) tourists. Low quality, cheap, loud and annoying! They should stay home they are ruining Thailand even worse than the Thai (males, drivers, youth, politicians)
  • All Thai (women, sellers, taxis, national parks) want is money and will do anything to get it!!!
  • The (people, tourists, places, dollar value) was so much better 100 years ago when I first swam here.

Now we can add to the collection:

• That (farang, disabled, old man) probably deserved it. He is lying about everything is probably healthy and just wants attention. 

Now back to staying away from the comment section.

yes but TV thrives on these types,

now about those drivers and politicians...lol

On 1/20/2017 at 2:45 AM, optad said:

Better termed 'sociopaths'. 

Welcome. 

Psychopath:  a person suffering from chronic mental disorder with abnormal or violent social behavior. 
Sociopath:   a person with a personality disorder manifesting itself in extreme antisocial attitudes and behavior and a lack of conscience.

I'll go with that...

On 19/01/2017 at 11:42 AM, maxpower said:

Gareth Payne

Captain
Jet Airways
April 2005 – Present (11 years 10 months)
Fly Boeing 777 300ER 737 800

Captain. safety officer.
Malaysia Airlines
March 2013 – May 2015 (2 years 3 months)Bangkok

Captain and check officer
Cathay pacific
Bangkok
March 2004 – January 2005 (11 months)

Captain 777-200+ 777-300er
Easyjet
Luton
February 2001 – February 2003 (2 years 1 month)
1st officer for Boeing 737-400

aaa.jpg

So, he worked for Malaysia Airlines and Jet Airways at the same time?

Edited by Bluespunk

5 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

So, he worked for Malaysia and Jet airways at the same time?

Yes that's what I thought. I am not sure if the Linkedin info is genuine or even the same person.
News info from Gareth Payne losing legs does not tie up with the airline employment history so its anyone's guess.

1 minute ago, maxpower said:

Yes that's what I thought. I am not sure if the Linkedin info is genuine or even the same person.
News info from Gareth Payne losing legs does not tie up with the airline employment history so its anyone's guess.

Maybe had a break from Jet and went back after couple of years?

14 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

This is the same guy?

Certainly got a lot of ideas.

Gareth (Gary) Payne, former boxer, lost legs after passing out on railway track.... it'd be a hell of a doppelgänger if it's not the same guy.

my guess.... dressed up in pilot uniform while doing film extra work in BKK, it happens;   I was once an American G.I. in the Korean War, a German spy in Shanghai with John Cusak and a chef in a restaurant kitchen with Jean Claude Van Damme (total nut job).

Edited by lemonjelly

10 minutes ago, lemonjelly said:

Gareth (Gary) Payne, former boxer, lost legs after passing out on railway track.... it'd be a hell of a doppelgänger if it's not the same guy.

No I get that, but it's just very odd he claims a very different life via FB.

Most of those who know who he is must have spotted the discrepancies.

His wife and child for a start...

1 minute ago, Bluespunk said:

No I get that, but it's just very odd he claims a very different life via FB.

Most of those who know who he is must have spotted the discrepancies.

His wife and child for a start...

I don't know, I just read the original post about the "legless burger seller" by the same name who was a former boxer until he lost his legs on a train track. In all honesty, I think a pilot would have a health insurance package making it quite unnecessary to sell burgers on the street in BKK.

Anyone can be whoever they like on FB.

2 minutes ago, lemonjelly said:

I don't know, I just read the original post about the "legless burger seller" by the same name who was a former boxer until he lost his legs on a train track. In all honesty, I think a pilot would have a health insurance package making it quite unnecessary to sell burgers on the street in BKK.

Anyone can be whoever they like on FB.

Yeah, true enough...odd story all round.

2 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Yeah, true enough...odd story all round.

Maybe the "I'm a pilot" fb profile taking a nosedive has helped lead to the "my life has collapsed" story....... ohhh, Kuhn Gary, you lie me, you not hi-so, you just a shed builder....... lol.  Anyway, I'm sure most of us are guilty of a little embroidery of the truth at some point in our lives. Wish the best for him anyhow, hope he bounces back.

On 20/01/2017 at 1:02 PM, draks said:

I'm perfect.

On 19/01/2017 at 7:38 AM, smedly said:

There are some people whos lives are so depraved all they can do is be critical of others, we see it daily on these forums - people who generally have nothing good to say about anything or anybody, they are best ignored but unfortunately not everyone can do that, we see it already on this thread

There are certain people who enjoy to gloat at others who maybe down on their luck because they believe the good times will keep on rolling and nothing bad will ever happen to them. It`s not until they fall into a pile of crap themselves and it becomes personal, do they begin to understand and be able to relate with these situations.

It`s all about blind ignorance and having power over people that are down with the ability to push them down even further, for no others reasons that the opportunities are there to do so.  Sadly this is now the type of world we live in, people that have become desensitized to the suffering of others.

Edited by cyberfarang

4 minutes ago, cyberfarang said:

There are some people whos lives are so depraved all they can do is be critical of others, we see it daily on these forums - people who generally have nothing good to say about anything or anybody, they are best ignored but unfortunately not everyone can do that, we see it already on this thread

4 minutes ago, cyberfarang said:

There are certain people who enjoy to gloat at others who maybe down on their luck because they believe the good times will keep on rolling and nothing bad will ever happen to them. It`s not until they fall into a pile of crap themselves and it becomes personal, do they begin to understand and be able to relate with these situations.

It`s all about blind ignorance and having power over people that are down with the ability to push them down even further, for no others reasons that the opportunities are there to do so.  Sadly this is now the type of world we live in, people that have become desensitized to the suffering of others.

not completely sure of the point you are trying to make - I have seen some real bad shit in my time as a bus driver, the nightmares are horrendous - people not having the right change - prams that won't fold properly blocking the aisle - stopping an inch too far from the footpath - and the worst of all - not hearing the bell - it's been hard really hard

The problem is that people don't know what bad really is and moan about absolutely nothing ..... they just moan having seen nothing and done nothing in their sad lives, on the other hand there are people that have seen stuff that nobody should see - you're not getting on without the right change

9 hours ago, smedly said:

not completely sure of the point you are trying to make - I have seen some real bad shit in my time as a bus driver, the nightmares are horrendous - people not having the right change - prams that won't fold properly blocking the aisle - stopping an inch too far from the footpath - and the worst of all - not hearing the bell - it's been hard really hard

The problem is that people don't know what bad really is and moan about absolutely nothing ..... they just moan having seen nothing and done nothing in their sad lives, on the other hand there are people that have seen stuff that nobody should see - you're not getting on without the right change

I`m not completely sure of your point either as not all you are quoting from is my post although it has my name on it.