"ASEAN's most wanted drug lord" taken down at Bangkok airport

webfact

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, ChrisY1 said:

Great headline....but really, that's all it is, as there are plenty of others out there just the same as this guy!

Flavor of the day. Cameras action roll em. This story will soon disappear never to resurface till some time in the future in the wash rinse cycle. These guys are a catch and release in a never ending circle. 

last night i watched a movie called ,operation Mekong.A true story about the taking down of a Golden triangle

drug lord.

These guys seem to think they are untouchable but I am sure those days are over.

I was walking through the airport just immediately after they had taken the guys down almost in front of Burger King where I was heading. It was pretty hardcore, 2 dudes exhausted from resisting arrest, "I'm f*cked..." written all over their faces, throngs of police, airport security and TV cameras. Nonetheless I pushed my cart through the crowd, as I was pretty hungry.

Philippines for sure, a mates bil was bought out of the can about 4 years after commiting 3/4murders among other things, apparently a real ***t and last week he was laying on the floor watching tv and 3 blokes from the hit squad walked in pumped 21 shots in the head and walked out, never said boo, apparently anyone that has paid for their realise from prison is being done in also when they find them

4 hours ago, Morakot said:

"was apprehended by a force of 100 drugs suppression officers"

Over the top or shooting fish in a barrel?

LOL, yeah ... well, personnally I have a hard time believing that the biggest drug lord in the area is Laotian ...

What I do believe is that he could be among the biggest of the small fish, somehow sacrificed for PR or internal motives.

3 hours ago, zorro1 said:

10 cops can become easily ambushed by his team of thugs if he is indeed a drug lord or did you expect a starsky and hutch duo to take to take him down? emoji108.png

Ahh... "drug lord" = ambush.

Now where did I see this on TV? Or is this official propaganda about those successful large-scale business operations with contraband?

6 hours ago, bassep said:

Only making room for another to fill his shoes. The world has had "drugs" for millennia, and outlawing them has NEVER worked. Think prohibition. And yes alchohol kills hundreds of thousands ever year all over the world and is legal almost everywhere.

Exactly what you say, it will never ended, and it makes no different when you say Singapore, USA, the Phillipines, or whatever country, it will always continue.

3 hours ago, TEFLKrabi said:

Ever considered it took 5 years to get sufficient and biding evidence so that they have a case against him?

No, not really, didnt give it a thought, i just remember the cases with clear evidence and where NOTHING  happens ..no bull............or  RED  BULL for that matter

6 hours ago, Lammbock said:

Why is this guy so stupid to take a regular flight to Phuket? Isn't he a master at avoiding detection?

Every time I buy two T'bones and walk into the kitchen, I wonder the same thing. 

7 hours ago, PatOngo said:

Look forward to some serious pointing at that press conference.

Four BIB's grabbing while one is pointing, amazing Thailand. This drug lord has done his last trade. Next stop Lifetime@Bangkok Hilton.com   

A 100 officers,they must have been queuing out the door.What will happen is,that we wont hear anymore about this,it will die a death,and after he's paid off the Cops and judges and anyone else who can get a claim on him,he will be gone.I dont think the RTB will cut off the chance of him revisiting.New Merc's all round for the Mia Noi's

7 hours ago, PatOngo said:

Look forward to some serious pointing at that press conference.

Along with all the top brass coming out of the woodwork for the photo opportunity?

Will be some serious "scrambled egg" on parade that day for sure!

I saw him on the news lunchtime, held by loads of police, and a load of what looked like onlookers, all snapping away at him with their iPhones. Really close up too. He looked a bit between stunned and amused  to me. Big guy. 

8 hours ago, alation said:

Let's just hope that he and his associates get the correct penalty as I have no doubt that there would have been several deaths associated with the drugs he has gotten into the countryover that time. 

Does that really matter, Alcohol and Cigarettes are associated with over 8 million deaths worldwide every year, what's the penalty for those ?

http://www.drugfree.org/news-service/who-report-smoking-and-drinking-cause-millions-of-deaths-worldwide/

5 hours ago, zorro1 said:

Use your brain, Just common sense dude. 10 cops can become easily ambushed by his team of thugs if he is indeed a drug lord or did you expect a starsky and hutch duo to take to take him down? emoji108.png

why do you you think El cheapo was flown by private jet and not cattle class.. Take your time to think about it.. Thank goodness TV dummies are not making the arrest

I think you are getting a bit carried away my friend, the article says he was with 1 other man and 2 women, not an army. 10 police would have been fine, plus you mentioned a bloody gun fight in your previous post, what drug dealers would go to an airport armed with guns if they are trying to keep a low profile????

Archived