Sardines in olive oil?

Sam Lin

• 1 month later...

Not sure if anyone else cares, but I found the Jalapeno version pictured above (along with the black pepper variety and others) at the supermarket under Central Chidlom. Oh happy day! Price is a little high - don't care, loaded up.

P9M9uM5SkbtJ16B23W9g16W5BY1emX2DjWy4veLH

Sam

• 1 year later...
On 15/03/2017 at 5:21 AM, SheungWan said:

Try the local Ayam brand sardines in extra virgin olive oil. Three types. One straight oil, one with chilli, the third with green peppercorn. About 61 baht.

Is there no better value one available? I buy the Ayum brand one for 59 baht which is a bit pricey as I eat a tin each day. In the UK I buy Sainsbury's sardines in olive oil for 50 pence (22 baht)!

7 hours ago, edwardandtubs said:

Is there no better value one available? I buy the Ayum brand one for 59 baht which is a bit pricey as I eat a tin each day. In the UK I buy Sainsbury's sardines in olive oil for 50 pence (22 baht)!

Ayam brand currently on offer at 56 baht at Tops, Tukcom.

1 hour ago, InMyShadow said:
1 hour ago, edwardandtubs said:
Still a bit pricey. I think I might buy a load of those cheap ones, wash away the tomato sauce, put them in a jar, cover them in olive oil and store it in the fridge.

Isn't the olive oil a bit pricey for you. Sounds like false economics to me

Its the Ayam brand in extra virgin olive oil which are the more expensive local brand. Ayum brand in tomato sauce are cheaper but not as cheap as the multitude of 'no-name' sardines in tomato sauce.  Hosing down the tomato sauce on sardines an interesting project.

Archived