Hard Wired GPS Tracker

Maverell

Does anyone know someone / company  in the Bangkok area who can supply AND fit a gps tracking device to a car, and have someone who can speak english? The device needs to be hard wired into the car and transmit the cars location to a server on the internet so the owner can log in to the server and see where the car is.

I see many websites about such matters but they are in Thai and phone calls in English get too difficult.

Thanks?

not quite what you are looking for and you've probably seen it but this from lazada might be worth trying. Need sim card and supposedly able to track on web. Has manual in English, and only need to wire into a power source.

http://www.lazada.co.th/mini-vehicle-motorcycle-gpsgsmgprs-realtime-tracker-monitortracking-us-8783259.html

BTW if you get a prepaid sim from Happy/DTAC for 12 Baht you can extend the expiry date to 180 days through their online Jaidee Giveaway.

I put a tracking app on my mobile phone a couple years ago and tried it for a weekend ,

it was just so so , missed large areas before calling in , and when I gave it to my friend at Laguna Seca race track it did not pick up any signal ,

So I would say it works best in the city with very good cell signal , and even better when its parked so it has a few minutes to call back to "base"

I would love to know of one that works better than a mobile phone ,  and how much data it uses a day !

I am looking for the same type of gps but for a scooter. I have been researching this for a few days now and the ones on lazada seem to be crap, at least the cheap ones. I am still researching. One place so far looks reputable but I am not sure if they speak english,  their web has information in english about it. Seems to cost around 3,400 baht and is called Concox GT100  which it can be programmed to hit satellites over thailand they mention.  They have others that they sell that may be more suitable for what you are looking for.  http://www.thai-gpstracker.com/product/concox-gt100/

I have heard thiefs here can buy a cheap gps jammer if they don't find it first. So hopefully if your vehicle is stolen it is not done by a professional. 

Archived