Internal to international flight, 5 hour layover

Si2000

Hi all,

Im flying from Phuket into Bangkok landing at 8am.My flight out to the UK is 1:30pm.  I would like to leave the airport if possible to catch up with a friend for a few hours just outside. 

Is this possible? Wondering if I will I go through international departures from Phuket and have my bag checked all the way? Or have to leave anyway at Bangkok, collect baggage and go through departures immigration in Bangkok?

1. If you leave through international -> you left Thailand.

2. Which airports?! DMB and BKK?

3. Which airline(s)?

Not all Airlines check you through. And if you fly from HKT to DMB you leave local and have to go to BKK for immigration and re-checkin. So: your questions cannot be answered by lack of sufficient information. Ask your airline(s).

Edited by Aachen

From Phuket HKT to BKK Suvanabhumi

Then BKK Suvanabhumi to London

Both flights with thai airlines. I'll try ans contact the airline too but if anyone has experience with similar flights on Thai.

Edited by Si2000

"Both with thai airlines" means what ? There are 5 or 6 Thai Airlines that fly to/from Phuket and they even use different airports in Bangkok.

If both your flights are on THAI AIRWAYS INTERNATIONAL, then the question is: Is this ONE itinerary under the same PNR /booking ? or did you make two several bookings? If it is on the same PNR, then the luggage will be checked through to your final destination. If not, then most likely not (though asking doesn't hurt) and you will have to collect your luggage in BKK and check in again at their international departures check in. In both cases, 5.5 hrs is a lot and you should have plenty of time to meet your friend or even take the Airport Express to downtown. Just take into consideration the queues at immigration upon leaving the kingdom can be long.