Few Non-O visa and extension questions

Got a few questions so hopefully someone here can help:

- Is Savannakhet the only Thai embassy/consulate in the region that still issues Non-O (marriage) multi entry visas without financial proof ?

- Are others in the region that still issue single entry Non-O (marriage)  visas without financial proof ?

- My Country does not have an embassy in Thailand but the one in charge for Thailand is located in Jakarta. There is an honorary consul here who will basically stamp and sign almost anything for his fee :) So would Thai immigration accept either of those to stamp and sign my Proof of income affidavit letter for the 1 year extension  based on marriage? Do they ever ask for extra documents? I could get incoming funds statement  printout for last 12 months from a non Thai bank if that would be needed? But it would just be a print out of my online statement so no stamps etc..

- I have now extended my Non-O visa (expired already) for another 60 days for visiting Thai wife/child. After this i do need a new visa, correct? I can not extend this again for one year if i get the income letter?

I thought about going to Savannakhet after my 60 days extension is over but a bit worried they will also stop issuing Non-O visas soon without Thai bank statement. Thai consulate in my home country already stopped issuing those. Is it just like extension  THB 400,000 that is needed in Thai bank at other local Thai embassies to get a Non-O visa issued or less?

Thank you in advance for any help.

Edited by Jackie66
  • Like 1

Savannakhet is the only confirmed location that will do a multiple entry non-o based upon marriage with no financial proof. There have been some 2nd hand reports of the consulate in Vietnam doing them. For a single entry non-o the only locations asking for financial proof is the consulate in Penang and the embassy in Kuala Lumpur.

Immigration will accept a income affidavit done by a honorary consulate. Some immigration offices might want back up of proof of income. A bank statement would be accepted for the backup proof.

• Like 1

Thank you UbonJoe.

Would financial proof when getting a Non O visa in other locations need to be money in bank or would proof of income like when extending also be accepted?

I am located in Bangkok so Chaeng Wattana would be the one i will use.

How long is this affidavit valid to be used for an extension in Bangkok?

21 minutes ago, Jackie66 said:

Thank you UbonJoe.

Would financial proof when getting a Non O visa in other locations need to be money in bank or would proof of income like when extending also be accepted?

I am located in Bangkok so Chaeng Wattana would be the one i will use.

How long is this affidavit valid to be used for an extension in Bangkok?

Proof of income would be accepted at embassies and consulate.

You do not need to get a visa at immigration.

If you already have a non-o visa entry you can apply for the one year extension of stay (it is not a visa) at Chaeng Wattana.

The income affidavit will be accepted for 6 months from the date it is done at immigration.

• Like 1

Yes i understand that extensions of stay are done at immigration and visas are issued outside of Thailand for entry. I meant i will do the extension of stay at Bangkok immigration. Bad wording on my part :)

So since the consulate does not have a standard form for this i can create one by myself  stating the total income for the past 12 months which i would sign and get it validated? Any special things that need to be on there? Like source of income?

Once again thank you so much for the help.