British man assassinated in gangland hit in Pattaya

Jonathan Fairfield

BREAKING: British man assassinated in gangland hit in Pattaya

Pattaya police are investigating the death of 39 year old British man, who was shot dead in his car at Mabprachan Reservoir, Pattaya by two men on a motorcycle around 10am this morning.

Police revealed that two men were seen riding up on a Honda Click motorcycle reg plate 7992  before one of them approached the car shooting Mr Tony Kenway twice in the head, killing him instantly.

UPDATE: Thaivisa understands police are investigating links to the deceased and foreign 'boiler room' gangs in Pattaya.

More details coming soon

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-01-24

30.jpgScreen Shot 2560-01-24 at 2.21.23 PM.png

Screen Shot 2560-01-24 at 2.46.05 PM.pngScreen Shot 2560-01-24 at 2.46.16 PM.png

Screen Shot 2560-01-24 at 2.48.26 PM.png

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Bulldozer Dawn said:

If you are rich enough to own a Porsche in Thailand, don't move here.

Move to a country that has rule of law.

Don't fall victim to Thainess.

I think it is okay to move here if you have money, but seriously unwise to show it. Fine if you drive a modest car and house, the less people can see the better. 

19 minutes ago, Bulldozer Dawn said:

If you are rich enough to own a Porsche in Thailand, don't move here.

Move to a country that has rule of law.

Don't fall victim to Thainess.

Or rich enough to own a 2015 Audi RS5 advertised at 6,900 last year?

"pod work"  must pay well.

14 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

I think it is okay to move here if you have money, but seriously unwise to show it. Fine if you drive a modest car and house, the less people can see the better. 

You'll get more kudos here, driving a Porsche, than in a country where the rule of law is upheld but you'll also 'draw more heat'; if this was a gangland killing though, I doubt it would matter what you were driving.

Just now, Sooo Upto Me said:

Business (dodgy) deal gone wrong, prob illegally gained funds. Driving around in a Porsche in Pattaya.

Need I say more.

Go on, you have spun a nice set of assumptions already, I think, yes, you should say more. I'm all ears.

50 minutes ago, roo860 said:

Unless you're involved with money lenders, drug dealers etc, why would you feel unsafe?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

You're probably not as safe as you think you are. It's better to feel unsafe and take precautions than run around feeling safe and being caught by surprise.

How safe you're going to feel probably depends on your country of origin and how much life is worth there.

5 minutes ago, piersbeckett said:

You'll get more kudos here, driving a Porsche, than in a country where the rule of law is upheld but you'll also 'draw more heat'; if this was a gangland killing though, I doubt it would matter what you were driving.

I agree. It's likely to be connected to a business arrangement ... I wonder what business the guy was in?

33 minutes ago, Bulldozer Dawn said:

Oh great.  Tourists on the crime scene taking photos to post to their Facebook pages.

Koh Toh Deja Vu anyone?

How do you know there are tourists taking photos? Because there are people there not in uniforms?

Archived