British man assassinated in gangland hit in Pattaya

Jonathan Fairfield

1 hour ago, Luckysilk said:

Shocking murder, feeling less safe here all the time.

RIP Mr. Kenbay and I hope your killers are brought to justice.

So much sympathy for someone allegedly connected to the boiler room business.

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Wildliferescue said:

Looks like his name is spelled wrong by the media (as usual), I believe his last name is Kenway, not Kenbay.

Seems he lives in Bangkok and has a family, wife and kids, so please be civilised in your remarks online here on this page. 

How civilised would you like us to be towards an alleged boiler room crook?  As civilised as he was when he was allegedly ripping people off?

10 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Andorra with a population of 8000 people is unlikely to have many murders due to its sparse population

Well you did ask.  I just gave you the answer you didn't want to hear.  

By the way, the population of Andorra is 85,000.   Andorra - Wikipedia

For more safer countries:

List of countries by intentional homicide rate - Wikipedia

See? It's easy when you know how.

1 hour ago, Sooo Upto Me said:

Business (dodgy) deal gone wrong, prob illegally gained funds. Driving around in a Porsche in Pattaya.

Need I say more.

No need for you to even say that, it can be read in the OP.

There is absolutely no indication this has anything to do with gang related activities.  You piss  somebody off in Thailand, and they just may  come and shoot you.  I can think of many scenarios for this murder that have nothing to do with drugs, gangs or money lenders and they have already occurred in Thailand the same way.  So this guy may just have been short on luck and one of the many sad statistical murders in Thailand.

roo86,  if you've lived here long enough you will understand that (sometimes) if a Thai loses face over the stupidest little thing - that he created - he can go crazy and kill you - especially if you are a farang that didn't lose face - and he can do it for pennies on the dollar if he won't do it himself... never mind going to jail for life.

I sleep with a dog, security cameras, and a 1 meter samurai sword at night; (evertying else is secret); I'm prepared if possible, am cautious, realistic, and not paranoid. Yes, I've been attacked twice for the stupidest shit that THEY created.

14 minutes ago, gdgbb said:

How civilised would you like us to be towards an alleged boiler room crook?  As civilised as he was when he was allegedly ripping people off?

And doing it in the wrong place, to the wrong sort of people.

Put things "right" for as little as 2000baht? (according to a recent story on TVF).

14 minutes ago, Enoon said:

Well you did ask.  I just gave you the answer you didn't want to hear.  

By the way, the population of Andorra is 85,000.   Andorra - Wikipedia

For more safer countries:

List of countries by intentional homicide rate - Wikipedia

See? It's easy when you know how.

You know what my point was .

Murders happen in 96 % of the Worlds Countries, Suggesting that we should move to Countries that didnt have a murder in 2014, just so we dont get murdered is going to the extremes

My point was that murders happened everywhere......apart from San Marino and the other two  

13 minutes ago, steven100 said:

Because he was selling a white porche driven by a little old lady, now it's red and missing a little old lady. please read previous posts that say the porche for sale 5 million baht but was it delivered?

I think that you will find that the white Porsche was a previous car, possibly his wife's, the red one the latest one, certainly not one and the same car and no idea where the little old lady comes from.

17 minutes ago, steven100 said:

Because he was selling a white porche driven by a little old lady, now it's red and missing a little old lady. please read previous posts that say the porche for sale 5 million baht but was it delivered?

The victim has had many cars since 2011.

His wife is driving a Mercedes, previously a Mini Cooper.

It's not totally unrealistic that the white Porsche was driven by his wife's mother ?

2 hours ago, Bulldozer Dawn said:

If you are rich enough to own a Porsche in Thailand, don't move here.

Move to a country that has rule of law.

Don't fall victim to Thainess.

Boiler rooms mentioned... easy to get involved in unsavory stuff

Porsche mentioned...

Any connection?

Assassinated ? Was he royalty or a political leader? Need a new proof reader. He was murdered. Or is that word getting too common in Thailand? No sympathy if it is true he was connected to any "Boiler room" in Pattaya they are just organised thieves and rake a lot of money of gullible tourists and from internet scams.  

32 minutes ago, TerrylSky said:

roo86,  if you've lived here long enough you will understand that (sometimes) if a Thai loses face over the stupidest little thing - that he created - he can go crazy and kill you - especially if you are a farang that didn't lose face - and he can do it for pennies on the dollar if he won't do it himself... never mind going to jail for life.

I sleep with a dog, security cameras, and a 1 meter samurai sword at night; (evertying else is secret); I'm prepared if possible, am cautious, realistic, and not paranoid. Yes, I've been attacked twice for the stupidest shit that THEY created.

You don't sound paranoid,  just crazy!!

2 hours ago, Luckysilk said:

Shocking murder, feeling less safe here all the time.

RIP Mr. Kenbay and I hope your killers are brought to justice.

There are places in the world that are far worst than Thailand

Live here in  peaceful , respect the local  laws, mind just to your own business, and you won't meet any troubles

1 minute ago, roadrunner32 said:

There are places in the world that are far worst than Thailand

Live here in  peaceful , respect the local  laws, mind just to your own business, and you won't meet any troubles

Yeah but there are 10's of thousands of foreigners retired in those countries, nor are they promoted as wonderous tourist destinations and places for retirees to live out their lives!

2 hours ago, Wildliferescue said:

Looks like his name is spelled wrong by the media (as usual), I believe his last name is Kenway, not Kenbay.

Seems he lives in Bangkok and has a family, wife and kids, so please be civilised in your remarks online here on this page. 

Ahh, yes, perceived ills - nowhere quite like the internet promotes it and unfortunatley it is all too common place on this website.

1 minute ago, sanemax said:

There is no way that the claim can be made that this was a "gangland killing" until the BIB have discovered their motive .

As the killers were so "unprofessional"  , it and he may have nothing to do with gangs

Maybe the killers were victims of the boiler room scam, hence the lack of professionalism.

Archived