Fluke 107 Multimeter.

Generalchaos

Curious if anyone owns this particular meter here. I bought mine a while back and have noticed after not using it for sometime, when I turn it on, nothing happens?

The display does not come on or anything it usually takes about 4 or 5 attempts before it fires up.

Once fired up it seems to work fine.

The second point is that it has certain options when powering it up, i.e. you can hold one light button on power up to disable the auto off of the light after 20 mins and the same applies if you hold down the shift button, it disables auto shutoff after 20 mins.

What I noticed on my meter was that if you hold down the HOLD button on power up it freezes the display as a sort of check of all of the LCD functions, after releasing the HOLD button I get R018 in the display panel, anyone know if this is a fault code or something? Googled a load of things about it today but nothing is mentioned.

If anyone has the Fluke 107 I would be grateful to here what you see when you power it on holding the HOLD button.

Thanks

47 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Manual here if you've not already found it https://www.manualslib.com/manual/1021038/Fluke-106.html#product-107

If it's still working reasonably well it's worth contacting Fluke to get it serviced and calibrated, don't expect it to be cheap mind.

Got the manual Crossy, it just doesn't list what holding the HOLD key does at power on, seems like some display test and the r018 thing had we curious. Thanks for the link,  when the meter works it is A1.

I have 2 flukes not sure of the models but I would suspect that the problem you have switching on is corrosion, just have a look at what this climate does to a computer kbd. Another point here is don't leave batteries in anything you don't use, we have recently lost 2 Samsung remotes through lack of use. And my soapbox about Flukes, those <deleted> fuses for low current measurement - both my meters have a strand of copper wire now.