Refused access to Sai Kaew Beach on Motorbike

Oink

Tried to go to Sai Kaew Beach in the Navy Base today. They would not let me in on my motorbike. Told me I had to park my bike at the entrance and get a motorbike taxi down to the beach.

Asked how much the taxi would cost, did not get an answer, just repeated, no motorbikes get taxi.  The taxis drivers were sitting on the other side of the track from where you sign in waving and trying to get me to come over.

There are no signs stating if you have to pay for taxis in addition to the entrance fee. Could it be a scam between the guys on the gate and the motorbike taxis?

I thought, OK I may be able to get to the beach, but good luck in trying to get a taxi out again. Not going to risk it.

The crazy thing was that they were allowing in people with cars and pickups! 

Has anyone else experienced this? Is there now a Navy Recruit Mafia?

Never heard or seen of any motorcycle taxis operating inside the base, Only transport to the beach as I know is the pickup trucks going from the center parking area, as far as I know they have now changed the routines so you must use the pickup service, but on some occasions I have been able to negotiate to let me in with my truck, usually if I come very early in the morning, but later in the day that is impossible. The guys at the gate seem surprised every time I come with permission to enter with my truck. When I arrive at the beach there are always a lot of cars already there, I wonder how they got in? Some of course are staying in the bungalows but there are always more than would be if only bungalow stayers were allowed.....The pickup service is included in the entrance fee.....

Edited by AlQaholic

Went on teusday, was told no motorbikes, must get a motorbike taxi to the beach, however, they did say that , if i came back in a car, that would be fine to take to the beach. Not really sure why there is a difference . If its a scam between motorbike taxis and army, seems unlikely, and why allow cars ??? 

I've given up trying to get into those "Navy" beaches. its always pot luck if they'll let you in or not..sometimes trying another gate further along the coast results in admittance
sometimes you need to sign in at the office and leave a Thai ID card foreigner can sneak in (to steal all the beach secrets) by that method most times.
Sometimes a big wig is coming and its closed to everyone...not worth the bloody hassles.

36 minutes ago, johng said:

I've given up trying to get into those "Navy" beaches. its always pot luck if they'll let you in or not..sometimes trying another gate further along the coast results in admittance
sometimes you need to sign in at the office and leave a Thai ID card foreigner can sneak in (to steal all the beach secrets) by that method most times.
Sometimes a big wig is coming and its closed to everyone...not worth the bloody hassles.

Pot luck indeed ! This what happened to my GF and I some years ago: Can not, Thai only. We tried another gate, same answer. Never again.

On 25/01/2017 at 4:07 PM, ronjomtien said:

Have been several times weekdays. Always get a motor taxi down and just tell him what time to pick you up 80b. Weekends taxi to tickets hut then truck. Same back. Why does everyone in PATTAYA never understand anything. 

Its not a qeuestion of not understanding, it is that the requirements are not made clear and change at a whim . If all Naval beaches etc adopted exactly the same policy then that would sufficient etc.