Central Festival at South Pattaya

snoopy21

1 hour ago, KhunBENQ said:

Previous post says it.

At first I was confused about the reference to "South".

This place is at the north end of 2nd road just before north Pattaya rd.

Me too. I always take Klang as my junction between North and South.

22 hours ago, i claudius said:

We went there the other day , to be very blunt i prefered it as it was , now hardly anyone there and big c is not worth visiting , shame it looks so nice .

agree. I was disappointed by both the Mall itself as well as the BigC. If you want a great BigC, it is the one at Pattaya Klang for sure

I think the renovated Big C at Marina Mall is better. True, it is hard to get use to where everything is...this will take time (unless they end up like Villa Market and move their aisles around every 6 months). The stores are limited...way too many restaurants. Poor planning with NOT leasing to a variety of shops to attract a better cliental (my opinion). I have no idea how the restaurants will survive ... I bet half of them will be closed once their lease runs out.

Needs a Robinsons inside.

On 1/25/2017 at 11:58 AM, KhunBENQ said:

Previous post says it.

At first I was confused about the reference to "South".

This place is at the north end of 2nd road just before north Pattaya rd.

..and was never, ever known as Central Festival.

Yes, the newly refurbished and renamed Central Marina is open. Still loads of empty storefronts and the new annexes out the front make it a bit of an explore but disappointed that Khao Suay restaurant hasn't returned. I guess the new rents are higher? Big C has been totally reorganized with an expanded supermarket but curiously it still smells the same. The multi-storey parking garage should be more than adequate once the crowds return but right now there's plenty of shaded parking at ground level.