price and times for buses from bangkok to pattaya??

eurfx

The bus from Ekamai to Pattaya is about 100 baht each way. A Google search would have got you the same info. in the time it took to type your question. A google search will also give you car rental prices.

Buses depart for Pattaya every 30-40 minutes from 05:00-23:00. Ekkamai Bus Terminal, Sukhumvit Road, Tel: (02) 712 3928

Edited by giddyup

Sky Train Phaya Thai to Airport 45 baht one way.

Go to.................

Ground floor exit 8 Desk for Airport Bus to Pattaya / Jomtien terminates at 24 hour Food Mart Jomtien 120 baht one way.... leaves every hour on the hour - busy times they run extras on the 1/2 hour.

Start 0700 to 2200 - last bus terminates at North Pattaya Bus station. No talking no drinking no eating stinky food on board.

Option to hire cars at the Airport also from all the big name global hire companies.....Bob's yer Uncle Fannys yer Aunt.

12 hours ago, lonewolf99 said:

Sky Train Phaya Thai to Airport 45 baht one way.

Go to.................

Ground floor exit 8 Desk for Airport Bus to Pattaya / Jomtien terminates at 24 hour Food Mart Jomtien 120 baht one way.... leaves every hour on the hour - busy times they run extras on the 1/2 hour.

Start 0700 to 2200 - last bus terminates at North Pattaya Bus station. No talking no drinking no eating stinky food on board.

Option to hire cars at the Airport also from all the big name global hire companies.....Bob's yer Uncle Fannys yer Aunt.

108 b Pats to Ekkamai.  I usually buy 2 seats to avoid some stink next to me.

The no eating, drinking, talking is a laugh.  

15 hours ago, champers said:

Coaches and minivans from Morchit too and minivans from Monument. Google can be your friend. Coach from Morchit is about 180 Baht.

Minivans from Victory monument are history, and anybody recommending Minivans as a means of travel should be voided membership in TV

Is the airport route better than Ekamai-Bang na? 

During rush hours the traffic from Ekamai out to Bangna could take a good chunk of an hour

But if you're in the area around Bang Na, catching the bus at the Bang Na depot saves you the trouble of wading through Sukhumvit traffic from Ekamai... 

If you can make it to the Airport on the Airport Rail link that's definitely less traffic dependent... but on the Airport route, are the bus less frequent? Plus is the Airport Rail link that reliable?

1 hour ago, digbeth said:

During rush hours the traffic from Ekamai out to Bangna could take a good chunk of an hour

But if you're in the area around Bang Na, catching the bus at the Bang Na depot saves you the trouble of wading through Sukhumvit traffic from Ekamai... 

If you can make it to the Airport on the Airport Rail link that's definitely less traffic dependent... but on the Airport route, are the bus less frequent? Plus is the Airport Rail link that reliable?

Couple of points here:  If you book your seats at the Bang Na depot, you will still have to wait for the bus you booked to come out to Bang Na. Its very rare for there to be empty seats pulling out of Ekkamai. If there are any  they have been booked by Banga Na passengers who are waiting. So no real time saved.

In my experience you have to get by Airport Link (pretty reliable these days) to the airport well before the bus is scheduled to depart. In one case I had to wait 1.30 hrs to get a seat on the bus.

Once you hit Pattaya you have a slow crawl through the heavy traffic compounded by passenger drop-offs with extra waiting time while the bus driver locates bags etc in the luggage hold. Very frustrating being so close to Jomtien but not quite there.

Personally I prefer the Ekkamai route.

I tried the Airport train to airport, then the Jomtien bus a couple of times. You can wait up to two hours for a seat on the Jomtien bus if your timing is way off.

At Ekamai bus station, you might wait no more than half an hour for a Pattaya bus, which leaves as often as every 10 minutes in the morning to maybe half an hour later in the day. It's 108 baht one way.

You cannot book a return ticket -- but it's unnecessary since it leaves so often from either Pattaya or Bangkok terminals.

Leaving Ekamai, it's 25-30 minutes to the motorway toll gate, but sometimes Sukhumvit traffic adds 10-15 minutes to that time.

Edited by Kaoboi Bebobp

If you're willing to go the ARL-to-the-airport route, there is another option between the airport and Pattaya/Jomtien:  Bell Travel.  Their price is higher:  B250, but you can make a reservation online and not have to wait an hour or two at the airport for the cheaper Jomtien bus to have vacancies.  Bell Travel will deliver you to a hotel or condo within Pattaya/Jomtien for no extra charge, too.  (Of course, same applies in reverse, you can book a confirmed seat online from your hotel/condo to the airport for B250.)

If you are staying in the Jomtien area and want to take the cheaper B120 bus to the airport, you can stop by their office to buy a ticket for the bus time you prefer up to three days in advance.  That said, I've always been able to get a seat by walking up 30 minutes before departure time.  Several times they have added a second bus at the same time to handle overflow.

On 26/01/2017 at 5:11 PM, Kaoboi Bebobp said:

I tried the Airport train to airport, then the Jomtien bus a couple of times. You can wait up to two hours for a seat on the Jomtien bus if your timing is way off.

... exactly what happened to me yesterday. Got there by 5.40 pm and the next seat available was for the 8.oo pm Bus. I saved 30 minutes of time as I walked near the extra 7.30 pm Bus they employed to see if all seats were taken. When there is a very long waiting time it frequently happens that some PAX who already bought tickets do not show up when the Bus is about to depart and in this case there were no less than 4 seats available, one of which I managed to grab and spent the trip seated next to a lovely young US lady  ;-)

That the driver almost fell asleep several times and even had to stop along the highway just 20 km shy of Pattaya to inhale some oxygen outside (his 5 bottles of KratinDaeng where obviously losing its power and he yawned almost permanently during the last hour of the trip) is another story. I was seated in row two and watched his behaviour and actions in his back mirror when I realized that this guy should be in bed by now and not transporting 40 souls in an irresponsible manner

On 1/26/2017 at 3:49 PM, digbeth said:

You are right that the buses from airport are more efficient.  The only problem is frequency - one bus every hour, and you will normally have to take the second or third bus because of the chunk of tourists arriving at the airport.  They don't allow you to book days in advance, only hours in advance on the same day.  So far I have never been able to catch "the next bus leaving".  My last trip a week ago, I arrived at 11.30 am at the counter and only managed to catch the 2.00 pm bus.

3 hours ago, siam2007 said:

When there is a very long waiting time it frequently happens that some PAX who already bought tickets do not show up when the Bus is about to depart and in this case there were no less than 4 seats available, one of which I managed to grab and spent the trip seated next to a lovely young US lady  ;-)

Must be Chelsea Clinton.

One plus side to the Airport route is that they don't detour into Chonburi definitely

Do the Ekamai bus still do that? Since the Pattaya bus is the most frequent/decently run bus out of Ekamai you'll sometime get passengers that get off in Chonburi, which makes the bus detour out of the Motorway into god know how many traffic lights on Sukhumvit in Chonburi, granted there seem to be a moratorium on Pattaya bus going into Chonburi after 4PM or around rush hour.

Other thing is that Ekamai bus even though coming on the Hwy.7 into Pattaya could continue on the by pass to Sukhumvit but instead will turn into the 36  to start dropping people off around Naklua... or even worse turn right and detour back up north to Rong Poh... which is convenient for people who live around there.. but gets my blood boiling if I'm in a rush

@digbeth:  It's been so long since I took the Ekamai bus -- over 10 years -- that I forgot about those "detours" off what I had hoped would be a non-stop route.  Yeah, it was irritating.  Thanks for digging up the bad memories.  :laugh:

The best route into Bangkok is the big blue bus from North Pattaya bus station.  They start at 04.30 from Pattaya, at a cost of 108 thb. The good thing is that you don't have to go all the way to Ekkamai,  as they stop at Udom Suk BTS station, where you can get the BTS into central Bangkok or elsewhere.  From Pattaya to Udom Suk is about 90 minutes.

Coming back from Ekkamai is a nightmare. You can take the same big bus for 108 thb, but often have to wait 30 minutes or an hour, due to the number of people using it now that Victory monument is closed to vans. And, yes, they still go everywhere on the way to Pattaya.  There are alternatives from Ekkamai. A couple of van businesses have moved from Victory Monument to Ekkamai, even though it isn't allowed to operate an Ekkamai - Pattaya route. So, the route is called an Ekkamai - Sattahip route. This entails a stop somewhere between Ekkamai and Pattaya to swap passengers from a van coming from Mo Chit to Pattaya. It also obviously sometimes entails a wait, as the van from Mo Chit may take time to arrive.

There is also an "official" van from Ekkamai - Pattaya. They used to be allowed to operate only a maximum of 10 vans a day, so were pretty much always finished by midday. They now seem to be offering a longer operating time, and I took one last week about 2.30 pm.  I was assured that it went to Wat Chai (corner of Pattaya Tai and 2nd Road), and was direct to Pattaya. Cost of 130 thb, but it took 4 hours ! Went everywhere, including Sri Racha, Chonburi, Laem Chabang, and Pattaya delays. Then the driver refused to go to Wat Chai, and dropped those of us remaining on Sukhumvit.  I won't be using them again.

On 29/01/2017 at 10:40 AM, digbeth said:

One plus side to the Airport route is that they don't detour into Chonburi definitely

Do the Ekamai bus still do that?

No, the Ekkamai Buses stopped doing this, thankfully. And no stop in Laem Chabang either. There are separate Buses originating from Laem Chabang nowadays

On 01/02/2017 at 10:44 AM, Kaoboi Bebobp said:

As far as I know, there is no direct bus from Pattaya bus terminal to DM. What you can do is take the Mo Chit bus, then taxi to DM Airport.

Better and cheaper option (if time is no concern):

Take the Airport Bus from Jomtien to Suvarnabhumi, and from there the free shuttle Bus to Don Mueang. You need to have a ticket or boarding pass (in case you have checked in online already) showing your departure from Don Mueang to use that Bus (and YES, they check it nowadays!). I did that recently and as my flight from DMK was not before 3.30 pm, time was no concern for me. Worked well

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, eurfx said:

i will reach bangkok at the airport at 7 Pm

will i be able to get a bus from the airport to pattaya??

i think i may finish the airport steps at 9 pm

and what will be the price for me and wife and 2 child

Unless it is a peak season day,  you should be able to get a Bus as they used to run until 10 pm (though the schedule has vanished from the airport-Bus-company's website lately). One thing you need to be aware of though, is the fact, that the Buses running at 9pm and 10 pm only go to Pattaya North Station and not all the way down to Jomtien

On 2/1/2017 at 10:44 AM, Kaoboi Bebobp said:

As far as I know, there is no direct bus from Pattaya bus terminal to DM. What you can do is take the Mo Chit bus, then taxi to DM Airport.

Hmmm.  There is a cheap bus(i believe 30 B) from Mo Chit to DM.  Why take a taxi?

Edited by bkk6060

On ‎23‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 6:25 PM, bkk6060 said:

Hmmm.  There is a cheap bus(i believe 30 B) from Mo Chit to DM.  Why take a taxi?

Yes, took it this week to go Pattaya from DM airport:

- bus A1, at gate #6, every 5 minutes, 30 B, ~18 km, ~25 min. Go to "Mo Chit 2" bus terminal, but stop also at BTS station before

- bus #48 to Pattaya North station,  every 20 minutes, 117 B, ~160 km, ~2h30

- bahtbus in Pattaya to South Rd, 10 B, ~5 km, ~8 min

On 2/25/2017 at 0:03 PM, Pattaya46 said:

Yes, took it this week to go Pattaya from DM airport:

- bus A1, at gate #6, every 5 minutes, 30 B, ~18 km, ~25 min. Go to "Mo Chit 2" bus terminal, but stop also at BTS station before

- bus #48 to Pattaya North station,  every 20 minutes, 117 B, ~160 km, ~2h30

- bahtbus in Pattaya to South Rd, 10 B, ~5 km, ~8 min

That is very interesting!
Does anyone know about the opposite direction, a bus route from a BTS or MRT station to Mo Chit 2?

My normal directions are from Pattaya North bus station to MRT Pahon Yothin and back.

On my way to BKK, I use the bus from Pattaya North, get off at Udom Suk BTS, switch to MRT (Mo Chit / Chatuchak) and it's just one station away. If I would go to Mo Chit 2 directly by bus from Pattaya, I needed to spend a long time in the taxi line there. So this option is much faster.

As tony_m said, it is a mess to travel from Ekkamai to Pattaya. I will second that. That's why I usually take a taxi to Mo Chit 2 and a bus to Pattaya North. 

The problem is that during rush hours it is quite difficult to catch a taxi near Pahon Yothin.

That is why this bus option seems to be interesting for me. Is there any frequent departing bus from MRT/BTS to Mo Chit 2? Like the Don Muang - Mo Chit 2 line in this region?

15 hours ago, kdrayong said:

Does anyone know about the opposite direction, a bus route from a BTS or MRT station to Mo Chit 2?

My normal directions are from Pattaya North bus station to MRT Pahon Yothin and back.

On my way to BKK, I use the bus from Pattaya North, get off at Udom Suk BTS, switch to MRT (Mo Chit / Chatuchak) and it's just one station away. If I would go to Mo Chit 2 directly by bus from Pattaya, I needed to spend a long time in the taxi line there. So this option is much faster.

As tony_m said, it is a mess to travel from Ekkamai to Pattaya. I will second that. That's why I usually take a taxi to Mo Chit 2 and a bus to Pattaya North. 

The problem is that during rush hours it is quite difficult to catch a taxi near Pahon Yothin.

That is why this bus option seems to be interesting for me. Is there any frequent departing bus from MRT/BTS to Mo Chit 2? Like the Don Muang - Mo Chit 2 line in this region?

16 hours ago, kdrayong said:

There are plenty of BMTA Buses originating/terminating at MorChit Bor Kor Sor. Once you've found the local Bus station on that sprawling and slightly indimidating compound, they are all lined up properly next to each other with - believe that - even information in English where the respective Buses go to. Many of the Northbound Buses will go past Central Lat Phrao along Phahonyothin road. There is even some sort of information / ticket selling counter, if you ask them which Bus to take to "ZENTRAN" LAT PHRAO, they will guide you in the right direction