Thai woman complains about overpricing

snoop1130

Thai woman complains about overpricing

Kritsada Mueanhawong

1_20171261651353_lsqUxDUaKZgBYlmOpXtPaNduppRdoXYZQOtNSOnd_jpeg.jpeg

PHUKET:-- A Thai woman took to Facebook to release her anger early this morning by publicly complaining about a meal she had in Patong the previous evening that was, according to her, overpriced.

She ordered two Pad Kapaow Gung (stir-fried prawns with rice, basil leaves and eggs), one beer and one bottle of water and received a bill of 420 baht.

The post went online at about 12:40am and has amassed over 180 comments and about a thousand likes. She took pictures of the meal, the bill and the restaurant, then wrote: “What do you guys think of this bill and this dish? I was here not long ago and now the price is much higher. Sad, 150 baht for 3 prawns and I also had to wait one hour for it.”

Full Story: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Thai-woman-complains-overpricing/66188?desktopversion#ad-image-0

pgazette_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket Gazette 2017-1-26

This reminds me of a situation some 5 years ago. My wife and I had made acquaintance with a couple in Jomtien; the lady being Thai and the man Falange. We discussed this two two tier pricing system. One price for locals and another for non locals. The basis of the discussion was how we considered this to be unfair to us. The response was two fold. Firstly it was dismissed out of hand as a non existent thing; so plenty of examples were provided politely. Secondly This was met with denial and poor reasons for this being acceptable. Mostly that it was her country and she was Thai peoples as she put it. Anyhow, the couple made a visit to Ko Samed and I asked how it went. The Thai lady was quite upset crying actually that she was paying the same as a Falange as she was in those parts considered non local. How unfair that was that she could be considered this way...

Sorry no breakthrough here just a story that tells it how it may be perceived on the other side.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Should have been at least half price, and the bill also have no tax, which suggests the restaurant isn't paying that either to the Thai government. VAT is currently 7% (reduced from 10%), and wages are on average 300 baht per day, so how they came up with this figure is anyone's guess. I would expect this price in Europe, where the average price for a Thai dish is 7-8 euros for all. Then again the tax is on average between 19-25% depending which country you live, and the wages are certainly higher. Thailand is becoming a rip-off country, no wonder tourists are going elsewhere.

I simply avoid the Southern resort areas like Phuket, Phangnga, Samui etc...all run by mafia characters and lots of scams there. Also always tell all my relatives and friends to do the same.Help desiminate this on any foregn media and on your facebook accounts, more people should be made aware of what goes on in these places. Those that still go there, should not complain if they get cheated, robbed or murdered as already there has been enough media articles about these places. Thailand is a great place to visit but not these places. Thai people are great but not these  types from there.

53 minutes ago, Canceraid said:

I simply avoid the Southern resort areas like Phuket, Phangnga, Samui etc...all run by mafia characters and lots of scams there. Also always tell all my relatives and friends to do the same.Help desiminate this on any foregn media and on your facebook accounts, more people should be made aware of what goes on in these places. Those that still go there, should not complain if they get cheated, robbed or murdered as already there has been enough media articles about these places. Thailand is a great place to visit but not these places. Thai people are great but not these  types from there.

It's not just in the South. It's anywhere non-Thai tourists go.

1 hour ago, Canceraid said:

You say the same crap in every second post.

You haunt the southern forums looking for any subject matter where you can vent your twisted hate campaign. You paint with a pretty broad brush,  attacking any area below a certain line of latitude.

This thread is about someone who thinks she was overcharged for her Pad Kapaow Gung, yet you're calling for a Facebook campaign to boycott half of Thailand!!!!  

Are there any psychiatrists where you are who can help you come to terms with your problems?

Edited by Old Croc