Customs department ripping me off?

Kellymander

15 hours ago, FunkyDunky58 said:

When I came to Thailand I was given the table of customs duties, so discarded any thoughts of bringing any electrical goods, my mountain bikes, guitars, etc. Got rid of everything apart from two packing cases of personal items none of which was less than 3 years old, and 100% of which, according to the tables, would be free of any duties. Shipped by DHL (once bitten forever shy). On arrival I was told that my duties were THB98,000. I wrote a strongly worded letter telling them they should keep the shit. They thanked me for the 'new information' and advised the revised duty to be THB28,000. If I wanted to negotiate this amount (yes, they did use that word) I should travel from Phuket to Bangkok to do this in person. I capitulated and paid the 28,000. When the DHL guy arrived he wanted another 4000 in storage fees before he would release the goods. Draw your own conclusions.

I would have shown the courier my receipt for the 28K, if he insisted, I would have closed the door  on him, did that he hun arund for awhile and I wound up giving him 400 baht instead of the 5K he wrote on the invoice for Handling fees.  If he had asked nice, I would have given hi more.

1 minute ago, TunnelRat69 said:

I would have shown the courier my receipt for the 28K, if he insisted, I would have closed the door  on him, did that he hun arund for awhile and I wound up giving him 400 baht instead of the 5K he wrote on the invoice for Handling fees.  If he had asked nice, I would have given hi more.

28000  baht or a little trip to bkk?Seriously I would have gone and maybe that's a Solution I reckon you would have been down no more than 12k including  the travel expenses.