How much do you give your wife/gf to spend for food and stuff

JoeBloe

3 minutes ago, Get Real said:

I can´t imagine how much problem so many people can have with the one they live with when it comes to money. It´s incredible how many people appearently make the wrong choises, and how many that make a choise of partner they not can trust and are willing to live with it. You people that do that and the OP should be ashamed of yourselfs. If you can handle the agreement with money or don´t know anything about how real relationships work, then you are just not fit for it.

Regards, though, to all that comment here and live together with people you can trust, and let them be a part of or responsible for the economy and the bills. That´s what me and my wife do too, and it gives both persons a responsibility and worth in a relationship. People that don´t understand that should just keep to themselfs, and occasionaly get a woman they can pay a regular amount for their services.

This is a bit nonsensical. Esp. this bit "If you can handle the agreement with money or don´t know anything about how real relationships work".

I am not "ashamed of myself" in any way shape or form. You think I should get her to ask for money constantly, or demand receipts and a full ledger on a weekly basis?

Neither of us NEED to work, and I have money - this is just a question of equitable allocation of finite resources and responsibility.

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

"Trust me, I am Thai"

.... 473geo might buy that, but I'm afraid a wiser head would not.

Some people just have no sense of adventure, I was lucky I toured and visited Thailand long before the naysayers were spouting on Tvisa. had a great time, not knowing apparently just how much at risk I was. Young and handsome too, the mind boggles!!! Makes you wonder how I survived!! :smile: Tvisa was useful for my subsequent marriage docs though, and for that I thank them.

Every partner i have ever had and co-habited with has had a job and contibuted accordingly to basic expenses.

Isnt that how most people do it?

The notion of an allowance has never come up, we purchase what we need and split the expenses as they occur.

2 minutes ago, 473geo said:

Sorry amykat - I think you mean lack of it!!

No, I don't ...I mean what I say, and I know what I mean. 

People with plenty of money can have plenty of issues.  (See how good I am with words??)

Money in general can cause many issues, so best to learn good habits.

What I see around me.

Depends on if she is strong and can resist the family.

2500 to spent is a lot per week.

You pay home, electricity, water, food.

When go out mostly the arexsmart to let you pay.

So all she need is herselfs.

And if family tries to make you the atm. You will never have enough.

Tip

Together you make a plan and budget.

Then both are happy and understand each other.

2 minutes ago, MichaelBates said:

This is a bit nonsensical. Esp. this bit "If you can handle the agreement with money or don´t know anything about how real relationships work".

I am not "ashamed of myself" in any way shape or form. You think I should get her to ask for money constantly, or demand receipts and a full ledger on a weekly basis?

Neither of us NEED to work, and I have money - this is just a question of equitable allocation of finite resources and responsibility.

I am sorry. The word should have been can´t and not can. My misstake. I have changed that now.

However, if you think you need a ledger and demand receipts, then you are trying to start a life with someone that you feel you clearly can´t trust. Only that is going to be a hard part for the relationship.
In that case maybe it´s better to just keep on dating for another year or two, and wait for the time to come when you can fell trust in eachother.

It´s great that you have money. Unfortunately it seems like you ain´t strong enough to sit down and clear up the needs with her, and that just propose another problem in the relationship.
In that kind of situation I will take it as a joke when you mention responibility. 

8 minutes ago, amykat said:

No, I don't ...I mean what I say, and I know what I mean. 

People with plenty of money can have plenty of issues.  (See how good I am with words??)

Money in general can cause many issues, so best to learn good habits.

Yes agree people with money can indeed have plenty of issues - parting with it, appears to be one of the main ones on TV :biggrin:

Just now, 473geo said:

Yes agree people with money can indeed have plenty of issues - parting with it, appears to be one of the main ones on TV :biggrin:

Jesus H. <deleted> Christ. All I am trying to do is get an idea of the budget for managing the household. Billions of people do this.

I don't need relationship advice. I spent almost 20 years married and have a kid. That's all in the past, I starting again. Neither I nor the girl are children, unlike half of the commentarderie here apparently.

12 minutes ago, Get Real said:

However, if you think you need a ledger and demand receipts, then you are trying to start a life with someone that you feel you clearly can´t trust.

You clearly have a problem with the English language. I suggested no such thing!

3 minutes ago, MichaelBates said:

Jesus H. <deleted> Christ. All I am trying to do is get an idea of the budget for managing the household. Billions of people do this.

I don't need relationship advice. I spent almost 20 years married and have a kid. That's all in the past, I starting again. Neither I nor the girl are children, unlike half of the commentarderie here apparently.

Calm down Michael tongue in cheek comment :biggrin: with an element of truth to make it good

5 minutes ago, MichaelBates said:

I don't care, and I am the OP. Neither does that factoid help answer the original question.

To be frank, you already have it worked out ... 2,500 is fine. See how that goes for a few months and adjust accordingly ... but I certainly wouldn't up it much given the fact that the gf gets free accommodation and pays no utilities. 

22 minutes ago, 473geo said:

Yes, but "a fool and their money are easily parted" ... is a truism, as many TV aficionados have discovered ... Ted in "My Thai Bride" comes to mind ... he's the lesson seldom learned. 

He's saying you made the wrong choice.

OB

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

After reading through the whole 6 pages I don't understand what Michael is asking for anymore, is he just trying to have an argument online?. Don't you have enough sense not to give any money or only little bits of money until you are sure about the relationship?. Did you have a personal servant who did everything for you before you moved to Thailand, do have any grasp of the real world?. Why can't you concentrate on the relationship instead of the money?. I'm married to a beautiful Thai wife and when she asks for money I just ask her how much because I trust her and we have had to spend a lot of money setting up a business. I think you're paying too much attention to money instead of the personal side, if the personal side doesn't work out these 6 pages are just '.moo'

1 hour ago, amykat said:

Well I was looking for a more simple answer ...MONEY.

You said "relationships here" ... money issues is universal around the world, but in Thailand you have the added dimension of "family" funding, not unique to Thailand but unheard of in the west.

2 minutes ago, sandrabbit said:

After reading through the whole 6 pages I don't understand what Michael is asking for anymore, is he just trying to have an argument online?. Don't you have enough sense not to give any money or only little bits of money until you are sure about the relationship?. Did you have a personal servant who did everything for you before you moved to Thailand, do have any grasp of the real world?. Why can't you concentrate on the relationship instead of the money?. I'm married to a beautiful Thai wife and when she asks for money I just ask her how much because I trust her and we have had to spend a lot of money setting up a business. I think you're paying too much attention to money instead of the personal side, if the personal side doesn't work out these 6 pages are just '.moo'

Are you Ted in disguise?

6 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

Yes, but "a fool and their money are easily parted" ... is a truism, as many TV aficionados have discovered ... Ted in "My Thai Bride" comes to mind ... he's the lesson seldom learned. 

Not really the fool is the one who parts with their money at the wrong time for the wrong reason. The one who parts with it at the right time for the right reason is certainly no fool.

3-5k baht a week is no issue for the op. get your hand down op!!

9 minutes ago, sandrabbit said:

You need to read again I think. There are about 3 posts that address the question, and quite a few from me defending me asking the question.

All relationships are financially asymmetric. I am just looking for a reasonable number, so I can "set and forget" in my particular asymmetric situation.

There is no maximum number of currency that a woman will not request if given the realistic opportunity. My bank account is finite. It's not hard ...

9 minutes ago, MichaelBates said:

There is no maximum number of currency that a woman will not request if given the realistic opportunity. My bank account is finite. It's not hard ...

This says it all, don't bother replying.

15 minutes ago, MichaelBates said:

There is no maximum number of currency that a woman will not request if given the realistic opportunity.

your statement indicates a vast negative experience with women :ermm: 

44 minutes ago, MichaelBates said:

20 years of marriage and a kid, and you still don´t have a clue about shared economy or how much a waman need to use. Not even know how much it is for food per month.
By the way sorry for my poor english as you mentioned before. It´s just not my native tounge. However, I am so happy that you understand anyway because there seems to be so much in life that you missed.

Down, to the point anyway. You wanted to know how much you should give her per week. As you have a lot of money, it can´t be a problem with around 10-15K. That would keep her happy for a while. Waddaya figure, homie?

Archived