Trump bars door to refugees, visitors from seven nations

rooster59

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

yes it is.  Shame on him and those who support him because without them he would never had been in the position he is in.

Totally. 

I'm hoping that very soon it will be very hard to find an American that admits to voting for him! You know, like in post-war Germany, but before trump does such damage. 

Edited by Jingthing

9 minutes ago, oldgent said:

he has put a lot of time into thinking that one up, crazy, reckless, I dare to think

what will happen next. if that,s the way he intends to govern America God help 

America. Hitler reborn.

But…but….sputter…sputter…Hitler?  By jove, positively inflammatory, must suppress…must suppress. Such talk must be censored. Not! Must be heard!

Edited by Gecko123

1 hour ago, Srikcir said:

The approx. 116,000 Syrian refugees in Egypt and 650,000 Syrian refugees in Jordon are not banned then?

http://data.unhcr.org/syrianrefugees/region.php?id=84&country=107

(c) Pursuant to section 212(f) of the INA, 8 U.S.C. 1182(f), I hereby proclaim that the entry of nationals of Syria as refugees is detrimental to the interests of the United States and thus suspend any such entry until such time as I have determined that sufficient changes have been made to the USRAP to ensure that admission of Syrian refugees is consistent with the national interest.

3 hours ago, steve187 said:

A Department of Justice list shows that 580 individuals have been convicted of terrorism-related activities in the United States between Sept. 11, 2001, and Dec. 31, 2014  

380 of the 580 were foreign-born (71 were confirmed natural-born, and the remaining 129 are not known), “Of the 380 24 were initially admitted to the United States as refugees, and at least 33 had overstayed their visas.

62 were from Pakistan,

28 were from Lebanon,

22 were Palestinian,

21 were from Somalia,

20 were from Yemen,

19 were from Iraq,

16 were from Jordan,

17 were from Egypt, and

10 were from Afghanistan.”  

full story here - http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/06/22/senate-committee-580-terror-convictions-in-u-s-since-911-380-terrorists-are-foreign-born/

And yet, among the nations listed in the OP as having a temporary ban on admissions to the U.S., the following nations on the list you posted above of terrorism conviction nationalities are NOT covered/excluded under the order signed by Trump:

--Pakistan

--Lebanon

--Palestine

--Jordan

--Egypt

--Afghanistan

If you're going to make an exclusion list like that based on terrorism issues, Pakistan, Afghanistan and a few others are equally deserving to be on the list. And probably Saudi Arabia and a few others as well. Saudis may not being arrested in large numbers for U.S. terrorism issues, but as a country that sponsors Muslim fanatacism, they're right up at the top of the list.

BTW, I think Trump is an idiot and most of his Administration's planned policies are atrocious. But this is one where, as an American, it's hard not to agree. Just look at what's happened in Europe (Germany, France, Belgium, etc.) with the influx of Middle Eastern/Muslim "refugees"/immigrants and the marked rise of terrorism and general crime there that has resulted. Obviously, whatever screening Europe had in place, if any, was entirely inadequate, and the U.S. shouldn't make the same mistakes.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

Just now, dunroaming said:

I do think that stricter vetting should be in place depending on who is being vetted.  Blanket bans are just the wrong response and encourages more hatred from the rest of the world. Still it's par for the course for Trump

Well, I don't know what the future holds, but the order Trump signed is only a temporary one (4 months?) to supposedly allow the development of better vetting policies and procedures. So we'll see what comes of that.

Personally, I don't think the rules need to be or should be religion-based at all. Simply base them on countries whose governments and people have a track record of anti-American policies and/or support for or participation in terrorism, etc.

Frankly, I don't care if the people being vetted are Muslim or not. You could take a country like North Korea, which isn't Muslim at all, but they'd certainly belong on the list (not that North Korea is letting its citizens emigrate to the U.S.) along with a few others.

29 minutes ago, rijb said:

I'd be happy to respond to your post.  But, I'm not sure what you mean by 'soulfulness'.

Do you mean the opposite of criticism?  Praise?

He seems to have a nice family.  And he seems to care for them very much, even all his wives.  :smile:

Typo sorry. Meant solution.

24 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

I do think that stricter vetting should be in place depending on who is being vetted.  Blanket bans are just the wrong response and encourages more hatred from the rest of the world. Still it's par for the course for Trump

I don't know how much more vetting can be done than is already the norm:

Also, any sensible ISIS terrorist is quite unlikely to try to infiltrate the United States as a Syrian refugee.
Anne Richard, a senior US State Department official, testified at a Senate Homeland Security Committee hearing in November 2015 that any Syrian refugee trying to get into the United States is scrutinized by officials from the National Counterterrorism Center, FBI, Department of Homeland Security, State Department and Pentagon.
They must also give up their biometric data -- scans of their retinas, for instance -- submit their detailed biographic histories and submit to lengthy interviews. These refugees are also queried against a number of government databases to see if they might pose a threat -- and the whole process takes two years, sometimes more.
Leon Rodriguez, the director of US Citizenship and Immigration Services, who also testified at the November 2015 hearing, said that of all the tens of millions of people who are trying to get into the United States every year, "Refugees get the most scrutiny and Syrian refugees get the most scrutiny of all."

I think that this may well turn out to have been nothing more than security theater to fulfill a foolishly made campaign promise, but the tragedy is that people will die as a result of it.

4 hours ago, zorro1 said:

Well he can't ban American terrorism obviously. But he can stop the terrorist from abroad.

Even one life saved is worth the effort. American lives should not become collateral damage just to be politicaly correct

Good on you trump

"Even one life saved is worth the effort."

...except when it comes to gun control.

Gee I wonder how they picked the date Sept 11, 2001? How about from Sept 10, 2001. Oh but that would include our dear allies the Saudis. None of those on the planes were even arrested, let alone convicted. I guess they were "flight risks".... one that did miss the flight did get arrested.

( Trump is not in charge of the free world, he is in charge of "America First" and represents the American people, America Inc.  and everything Under Trump name and brand)

Edited by Opl

4 hours ago, lungmi said:

Yes, very good news. Fading the American Dream and
the US will dumb down.

I seriously doubt the intellectual and business capabilities of the U.S. society will be undermined by a temporary ban in imports of citizens from Syria, Iran, Iraq, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Syria and Yemen.

Despite what many people believe or hear about the myth of the U.S. opening its arms to all immigrants, pretty much all of modern U.S. history has been filled with periods where emigrants from various countries either were NOT wanted, or later, were wanted for varying reasons. Chinese, Irish, Italians, Mexicans, Japanese, Germans, etc etc have all been in those boats at one time or another in U.S. history.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

Iran says to ban U.S. visitors in retaliation to Trump move

"While respecting the American people and distinguishing between them and the hostile policies of the U.S. government, Iran will implement the principle of reciprocity until the offensive U.S. limitations against Iranian nationals are lifted," a Foreign Ministry statement said.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-immigration-iran-idUSKBN15C0NR?il=0

(European companies thankfull to Trump.) ...   Islamic terrorists are to be sought on the side of (his friends) the Saudis rather than the Iranians.

Trump still doing  business in Saudi Arabia, despite blaming the country for 9/11

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/donald-trump-saudi-arabia-911-business-deals-a7038991.html

Edited by Opl