Vaping

CeeGee

With all the posts about vaping, illegal etc, has anyone any first hand knowledge of anyone actually being arrested for vaping in public.

I have seen hundreds of posts(on various forums) but have never seen(or may have missed) anyone say that they or someone they were with were arrested etc.

Same for the airport,again has anyone actually been stopped searched and confiscated or fined.

I know you cannot buy legally in Thailand but this not about buying, this is farangs using

I just this minute had a Viber text message from my daughter (both she and hubby vape) who just arrived in Ao Nang. She said that loads of people were using them in the bars there and nobody seems to be in the slightest bit bothered about it.

4 hours ago, nisakiman said:

I just this minute had a Viber text message from my daughter (both she and hubby vape) who just arrived in Ao Nang. She said that loads of people were using them in the bars there and nobody seems to be in the slightest bit bothered about it.

Last week at the riverpier i also saw people vaping in public...they were thai.

It's the usual difference between theory (legal situation) and practical scenario.

Legal: simply forbidden,

UK foreign office has just recently updated it's travel advice.

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/thailand/local-laws-and-customs

You can’t bring vaporisers, eg, e-cigarettes and e-baraku, and refills into Thailand. These items are likely to be confiscated, and you could be fined or sent to prison for up to 10 years if convicted. The sale or supply of e-cigarettes and similar devices is also banned and you could face a heavy fine or up to 5 years imprisonment if found guilty.

I was stopped and searched near Asoke before Xmas

They pulled out my vape, looked at it, asked where i bought it (street seller near soi 5), handed it back and let me on my way.  No issue.

They're openly selling all the gear at the market stands these days, so whatever the law may be, I'm not sure enforcing it of any real priority for the BiB.

EDIT i also went in and out of Swamp last august with some kit, in my carry on.  Again, no issue.

Edited by cliffspab

• 5 months later...