Fat people paying more on motorcycle taxis in Bangkok - "Wins" say no after sign removed

rooster59

1 hour ago, NickJ said:

Then what about buffets....I think Fatso should pay more... More for seats. More for buffets. I'm tired of these all you can eat places continually raising there prices. I think they do this cause of all the fatties showing up once they are popular 

But it's a very sucussful marketing ploy... and arguably cheap positive advertising... and the fat bloke may bring 17 friends who aren't fat... if it wasn't a winner, it would not exist.

now to have a go at bars that let girls in for free, while charging men.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

49 minutes ago, theguyfromanotherforum said:

I am quite amazed at the stupidity of the first few posters that got so many likes. 

Maybe TV posters are midgets?

I am 194 cm and around 92-95kg. Fat? I don't think so.

Regardless, not that I would ever take a motorbike taxi in Thailand unless I really have to.

I liked the first three posts... they are valid comments.... it does cost more to move more, and wear and tear is higher,  which is what they say.

however.... if this (extra charge) is implemented illegally or unfairly, then its not on, and degenerates into a scam.

If you were to stick 3 fatties on 3 seats in row 56 seat numbers A.B.C. and only 2 of them could actually sit down what do you think the 3rd fatty would say ? He would ask to be moved because he didn't have enough room to sit, and would more than likely be granted his request. The chances are 2 of the fatties would end up moving therefore ruining 6 other peoples journey.

They don't mind putting others peoples noses out of joint but would be the first to moan if it affected themselves.

1 hour ago, Macthehat said:

Last year I had the misfortune of sitting between 2 heavyweights on a 15 hour flight . .They were literally oozing out of their own seats into mine . And to make matters worse the guy on the inside was running to the toilet every hour or so .....:sick:

Lmao.... oozing... classic

4 hours ago, Thaijack2014 said:

I totally agree. I used to be a flight attendant and am more then familiar with the concept. Anyways fat people should pay for the excess fat they carry around and limit the space of thinner people. On a plane in case of emergency their big bodies can cause the death of others and so far there is no advantage to society to be fat...why should we pay for the unhealthy lifestyle from others?  

I'm sure you can cite an incidence where fat people caused some deaths on airplanes??? I thought usually pretty much all died.

However, I do agree that it's time for airlines to charge by weight - bags and all. I travel with one medium suitcase while I see many people bringing the same size bag on the plane as carry-on. And I am sick of overweight people literally flowing over the armrest into my space. Or tall people bashing my seat back for hours.

(Honest, I posted this before reading "oozing" above.)

Edited by whaleboneman
clarification

4 hours ago, Wiggy said:

Does that include people with thyroid issues? 

Maybe they should stop eating thyroids!

As a hefty person I can go along with this; I doubt the fuel usage is significant, but the added weight is wear and tear on the poor guy (or gal's) motorcycle.  Isn't any reason that I shouldn't have to pay for the damage I cause above and beyond what a 'normal' sized passenger would cause.

1 hour ago, theguyfromanotherforum said:

I am quite amazed at the stupidity of the first few posters that got so many likes. 

Maybe TV posters are midgets?

I am 194 cm and around 92-95kg. Fat? I don't think so.

Regardless, not that I would ever take a motorbike taxi in Thailand unless I really have to.

I agree - 80k sure doesn't mean you are fat.  In fact my son is over 105k and there is very little fat on him, at 6'4" he is very muscled. And what about "fat" people that are very short but actually weigh less than thinner people that are very tall.  I think tall people at events should pay extra as they obstruct my view.  It amazes me the weird hatred of fat people.  And, by the way I am not fat.  Should anorexic people gat a discount?

2 minutes ago, Mousehound said:

I agree - 80k sure doesn't mean you are fat.  In fact my son is over 105k and there is very little fat on him, at 6'4" he is very muscled. And what about "fat" people that are very short but actually weigh less than thinner people that are very tall.  I think tall people at events should pay extra as they obstruct my view.  It amazes me the weird hatred of fat people.  And, by the way I am not fat.  Should anorexic people gat a discount?

Who has yet said they hate fat people ? As far as I can see you are the first person to bring that up.

5 minutes ago, berybert said:

Who has yet said they hate fat people ? As far as I can see you are the first person to bring that up.

Then you clearly don't read the posts or don't grasp their implication.  Derogatory comments are a form of hate.

5 minutes ago, Mousehound said:

Then you clearly don't read the posts or don't grasp their implication.  Derogatory comments are a form of hate.

I made a few of the posts. I have no hate of fat people. Do you agree that people should pay more for having extra baggage if it is in a suitcase, but its no problem if it's wrapped around their body.

P.S. calling a fat person fat is not derogatory it is stating a fact.

Edited by berybert

4 hours ago, Thaijack2014 said:

I totally agree. I used to be a flight attendant and am more then familiar with the concept. Anyways fat people should pay for the excess fat they carry around and limit the space of thinner people. On a plane in case of emergency their big bodies can cause the death of others and so far there is no advantage to society to be fat...why should we pay for the unhealthy lifestyle from others?  

I would have thought their big mushy bodies would have helped save  people, like an airbag.

big muscly blokes, on the other hand, not so much.... nor the other various hard objects in an airplane, including things like large bottles of duty free grog in the overhead compartments, which often drop open during a crash (or turbulence).

way more dangerous than fat flyers, is putting... say... nursing mothers in exit rows, to give them more space, or people clearly incapable of removing a window hatch

and historically, there has been an advantage to society to be fat ( not obese), that's why our bodies are designed to store fat, and in some cultures, the fatties get the best looking girls, as they have demonstrated an ability to provide (perhaps for themselves, their mate, their family and their community... to wit... fat kings) .... this trend away from fat being good, is only a couple of generations old.

1 minute ago, berybert said:

I made a few of the posts. I have no hate of fat people. Do you agree that people should pay more for having extra baggage if it is in a suitcase, but its no problem if it's wrapped around their body.

The point is that I have no problem charging for weight and If comments confined themselves to that concept, then I think most would agree.  However, by taking about fat people or fatties  etc  then peoples lifestyle or medical condition comes into play which personalises the argument.  I think it would be reasonable to say "our fares are based on a "such and such" weight and those above that weight pay more and those below pay less.  It doesn't need to say if you are fat then you should pay more.  After all, should my wife who carries fat as a result of a medical condition, but still only weighs 70k,  pay extra compared to my son who is well over the 100k but is  toned?

11 hours ago, berybert said:

If  you can afford to be fat you can afford to pay more for services. The extra weight is going to cost the rider more in petrol. Why should fat people get sympathy, make 'em pay.

And the elderly should pay more for medical treatment...by that logic?

Just now, Prbkk said:

And the elderly should pay more for medical treatment...by that logic?

If they have paid into the NHS they wont pay anything. That's how my logic works.

But if you mean the elderly in Thailand they also pay the best part of nothing.

Edited by berybert

To all those who think we are being unfair for saying fat people should pay more, how many of you have complained in a shop that bigger people pay more for their clothes ? If 25 stone Billy and his 10 stone mate Bob go into the same shop and want to buy the same shirt but in different sizes why does one pay more than the other ? Is that fair ?

P.S. calling a fat person fat is not derogatory it is stating a fact.

It's impolite but you obviously don't care. You can say overweight or obese depending on level.

3 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

It's impolite but you obviously don't care. You can say overweight or obese depending on level.

I could do but being as I have never meet any of the people being spoken about I have no way of knowing their level of fatness.

If you get upset being called fat the best thing to do is put down the cake and go for a walk.

Also I think the term is 'big boned'

Edited by berybert

I could do but being as I have never meet any of the people being spoken about I have no way of knowing their level of fatness.

If you get upset being called fat the best thing to do is put down the cake and go for a walk.

Also I think the term is 'big boned'

Lame excuse.

Not personally upset just think rude people are the real PIGS.

And calling people pigs isn't rude.

Good job we don't all get upset for no reason or take offence .

Pigs, nicely back on topic.

I get it. You think people dealing with weight issues are fair game for bullying rhetoric. So many people never get passed grade school mentally.

Just now, Jingthing said:

I get to it. You think people dealing with weight issues are fair game for bullying rhetoric. So many people never get passed grade school mentally.

I think most fat people are in the same league as drunks and drug addicts. They don't care about themselves so why should I.

My next door neighbour is about 10 stone overweight and all she does is sit in a chair eating and drinking wine whilst moaning she isn't able to do anything because she is unwell. She has a bad hip cant get it operated on until she loses weight, how does she lose weight, certainly not by eating more pizza.

The NHS spend more money treating fat people than on anything else. Billions of pounds a year.

You make your bed, you lie in it.

7 hours ago, little mary sunshine said:

Sounds fair.  Huge 100-150kilo use more gasoline

as well as prone to ruining tires.   If they don't want

to pay extra let them walk, no doubt they need the 

exercise!!

LOL> I weigh over 100kg and exercise at least 6 days a week. No amount of walking will fix that.

On the odd occasion I take these bikes I pay the farang tax anyway. I'm already paying for extra weight.

I think most fat people are in the same league as drunks and drug addicts. They don't care about themselves so why should I.
My next door neighbour is about 10 stone overweight and all she does is sit in a chair eating and drinking wine whilst moaning she isn't able to do anything because she is unwell. She has a bad hip cant get it operated on until she loses weight, how does she lose weight, certainly not by eating more pizza.
The NHS spend more money treating fat people than on anything else. Billions of pounds a year.
You make your bed, you lie in it.
Sure thing dude. All the people dealing with weight issues in the world are like your neighbor and deserve verbal abuse. Tis the stuff of bigotry.