What's Wrong With This Picture?

bino

I just got my Amex card issued in USA, where all my cards are issued. I have no interest in cards issued here. what are the credit limits on those thai issued cards? an interesting note on my American issued AMEX is that they refused to have the cards shipped here although I had changed my address to Thailand. I had to send them to a relative in US who in turn sent them to me. Don't think amex is to trusting to send US cards here.

I just got my Amex card issued in USA, where all my cards are issued. I have no interest in cards issued here. what are the credit limits on those thai issued cards? an interesting note on my American issued AMEX is that they refused to have the cards shipped here although I had changed my address to Thailand. I had to send them to a relative in US who in turn sent them to me. Don't think amex is to trusting to send US cards here.

I believe that all foreign credit card issuers have a problem with sending cards to Thailand - especially if Thailand is not the address on your card.

That is one reason why I changed my Amex to Thailand. The other was that I spend 95 % of my outgoings here and it didn't make sense to be billed in Foreign currency when I have Thai Baht bills. I can move the FC into Thailand at the most favourable time, and avoid losses on exchange.

They never gave me credit limit for my Amex Gold but it was certainly several hundred thousand baht, as I asked them once and ran up abill of around 300,000 - no problems. When they gave me a platinum, card, the limit is stated at 2 million Baht.

Enough I guess. :o

I still hold UK credit cards as well as my Thai Amex, and my Abbey Visa gold card is in fact shipped to my address in Thailand, but has to come by courier and costs 25 pounds a go. The others, like your's, have to be hand carried over by family.

Edited by Mobi D'Ark

The begin of this year AE (Holland) refused to mail my card.

They did authorize AE office in Bkk to print and issue my card.

The card is still connected to my bank in Holland as instructed by AE Holland to AE Thailand.

Mastercard (Holland) did mail the card directly to my address in Thailand.

After receiving had to phone Holland to activate the card(those instructions were mailed seperately).

what are the credit limits on those thai issued cards?

No limit, even on my green card. Whenever I'm travelling or going to spend a large amount outside of my usual spending patterns, I just give them a call, and they say "Very good, Mr. Bino. Thank you for letting us know." I've run it up several hundred thousand baht, and never had a problem.

The other was that I spend 95 % of my outgoings here and it didn't make sense to be billed in Foreign currency when I have Thai Baht bills.

The Thai Amex made sense to me for this reason too, because I use it here 95% of the time and have a Thai salary to pay the bills, leaving all my overseas accounts undisturbed and going through the hassle of sending money home to pay them.

The Thai Amex was dead easy to get- compared to a VISA card from a Thai Bank. If you have a work permit and an income, they practically take your arm off begging you to sign up.

I've never even bothered trying to get my cards from home sent here. Easy enough to have them sent to my home address, and let mom forward them to me.