Trump immigration order restricted by more U.S. judges

webfact

3 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

Just remind us of the campaign speech again.  You know the one that had all the mob cheering over and over again.  Something along the lines of "Donald J Trump is calling for a ban on all Muslims entering the United States".  Now as part of his climb down he is saying it is not about Muslims.  The man is way beyond a moronic liar.

A demagogue /ˈdɛməɡɒɡ/ (from Greek δημαγωγός, a popular leader, a leader of a mob, from δῆμος, people, populace, the commons + ἀγωγός leading, leader)[1] or rabble-rouser is a leader in a democracy who gains popularity by exploiting prejudice and ignorance among the common people, whipping up the passions of the crowd and shutting down reasoned deliberation.[1][2][3][4] Demagogues have usually advocated immediate, violent action to address a national crisis while accusing moderate and thoughtful opponents of weakness or disloyalty. Demagogues overturn established customs of political conduct, or promise or threaten to do so. Most who were elected to high office changed their democracy into some form of managed democracy.[citation needed]

Demagogues have appeared in democracies since ancient Athens. They exploit a fundamental weakness in democracy: because ultimate power is held by the people, nothing stops the people from giving that power to someone who appeals to the lowest common denominator of a large segment of the population.

His bombastic rhetoric brings out the worst prejudices in people. There are very few terrorist incidents in the US compared to other places in the World. It is obvious that the last administration must have done something right by doing the proper vetting of people. Trump's ban is based upon his own self narrative that there is something wrong with being Muslim. This is reinforced by his inner circle who actually believes that Muslims are the 'enemy'.  This ban which they claim is not against Muslims will be seen by the World as just that and puts the US in disrepute. This is not what our Constitution is about; nor which the Statue of Liberty represents or the values of the American experience. As an American- I am ashamed of what this man is doing. 

I am not an American. But I can't help watching this American produced reality show. No matter what you think of this man, whether you like him or not. He has caused so much unrest within the world, and is the major why people and nations are re-accessing their own acts in just 11 days, it can only be called "incredible". Lets face some simple facts  here....None of us know exactly where or how this will end, some of you think you do, but that is only an opinion they are not facts. I'm not talking about his immigration stand or the wall between Mexico or the......I'm talking in general. That's right your allowed to have your opinions, but please don't state them as facts, if so..can you give me the wining numbers to next weeks lottery, because you'll probably have the same success of knowing the outcome of this guys policies and presidency. He definitely has woken many people up. Wait and see if he starts banning countries on the Asian continent for their extreme believes, Oh and Thailand.....don't smile to much....you are not exactly falling into what he may consider the "pillars of society" bracket. 

On 1/30/2017 at 8:33 AM, khwaibah said:

All four states went for Hillary. New York,  Massachusetts, Virginia and Washington State. That says it all.

They may also be looking for a new job while their replacements overturn the rulings.

What I find TRULY AMAZING is, for the 1st time for as far back as I can remember, we have a president that made campaign promises, got elected and then MADE GOOD ON THOSE PROMISES and people are freaking out!