Air rage: Berserk Russian subdued on BA flight over Bangkok after toilet argument

webfact

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, ezzra said:

The day all airlines will stop serving alcohol on all flight, that the day flying

will be come safer and more enjoyable.... I for one, all for it, you want to drink?

go to a bar....

Ever flown PIA (Pakistan International Airlines)!  Their safety record is shocking and their planes haven't been cleaned for 20+ years!  You'll need a wee dram just to walk onto the plane!

All they offer is a sweet to minimise the smell from your co-passengers repugnant breath!

2 hours ago, IMA_FARANG said:

I have seen it happen on a Singapore Airlines flight.

Two German passengers on the flight with stopped in Bangkok before going on to Singapore were taken off the flight in Bangkok because they were drunk and got into a fist fight with a Singaporean businessman.

I believe the Captain of the plane has to request the Thai police remove the people from his plane.

if he decides not to make a complaint about the disorderly passengers, I don't believe the Thai police can do anything to remove the passengers.

I believe it requires the Pilot to request the disorderly passenger be removed before the Thai police can act.

The Captain has to make the request - otherwise how would the police know? But if he does, police will enter the plane before anyone gets off and take the offender(s) away. Seen that happen at Heathrow, Abu Dhabi and Prague.

2 hours ago, Savilesghost said:

Why ? The Bangkok Hilton typically houses drug dealers, murderers etc, and give the gentlemen is neither a drug dealer or murdererer why would the BIB put him in there ?

One suspects this whole headline and story has been "sexed up" the berserk russian is most likey an irate Russian who argued with someone else who was going the toilet first and i am calling BS on the 1/2 bottle of whiskey on the seat, you dont get away with that stuff anymore, drinking your duty free on the flight 

Said like a true Trump supporter ... always sticking up for the Russians! Do they have photographs of you as well?

3 hours ago, Briggsy said:

Who is going to stop you drinking your duty free?

It is a federal violation, any good law abiding citizen would only be too happy to abide by this rule! :thumbsup:

Unless you get "thirsty" off course! :whistling:

It's 2017. The way to solve this disgraceful and disturbing behaviour is to ban him and others like him from ever flying anywhere outside of their country again. If they skirt the system and arrive at a foreign destination, put them on the next plane back home.

2 hours ago, Gulfsailor said:

Aeroflot Russian airlines does not serve, nor allow alcohol to be consumed on some of their international flights. The flight from Moscow to Bangkok is one of such flights, and obviously for good reason. The only alcohol on board is probably in the cockpit. 

When I flew Aeroflot (it WILL be the last time), the guy sitting next to me polished off a full bottle on the flight. Probably had too many problems if they changed their policy.

2 hours ago, Gulfsailor said:

Aeroflot Russian airlines does not serve, nor allow alcohol to be consumed on some of their international flights. The flight from Moscow to Bangkok is one of such flights, and obviously for good reason. The only alcohol on board is probably in the cockpit. 

I been on that flight many years ago, perhaps around year 2000.

Happy days then, there was a smoking section and upon taking off from Moscow and the fasten seat-belt signs went off, 1/2 of the passengers went there to have a fag. The stewardess was angry and told them to go back to their seat but they were having none of it and she shrugged her shoulders in frustration. App 50% got so drunk that they were fast asleep when arriving in Bangkok and started on the booze again when they woke up, ha-ha, man it was quite funny to watch, everybody in a very good mood (expect the stewardesses). 

Send  him home in a straight jacket ban from all international flights for 10 years. They will learn.

As to banning serving  alcohol on planes I say "<deleted> to you".

I enjoy a drink before dinner, a wine (or 2) with dinner when travelling.

Why should I  give that up for a few idiots who need a brain transplant ????

I stopped flying with BA in 2004 after several issues with out of control drunk passengers and the crew doing nothing about it - their policy is lacking and they tend to liquor passengers up at the expense of a peaceful flight. 

4 hours ago, natway09 said:

Send  him home in a straight jacket ban from all international flights for 10 years. They will learn.

As to banning serving  alcohol on planes I say "<deleted> to you".

I enjoy a drink before dinner, a wine (or 2) with dinner when travelling.

Why should I  give that up for a few idiots who need a brain transplant ????

For the same reason we have speed limit laws.  Limits on drinking and driving.  Gun ownership.  Theft.  Etc, etc, etc.  A few idiots (or many) ruin it for a lot of us.

Edited by metisdead
Please do not modify someone else's post in your quoted reply, either with font or color changes.

3 hours ago, Savilesghost said:

Why ? The Bangkok Hilton typically houses drug dealers, murderers etc, and give the gentlemen is neither a drug dealer or murdererer why would the BIB put him in there ?

One suspects this whole headline and story has been "sexed up" the berserk russian is most likey an irate Russian who argued with someone else who was going the toilet first and i am calling BS on the 1/2 bottle of whiskey on the seat, you dont get away with that stuff anymore, drinking your duty free on the flight 

2 hours ago, cheeryble said:

Ivan better watch his PEES and QUEUEs in future!!

(That's the high point of my witty wisecracks going to be downhill all the way after this)

I've seen russians drink their duty free on aeroflot flight like water. Aeroflot will not give any alcoholic beverages on their flights between Moscow and Bangkok and Phuket. Russkies can't survive without the booze even a couple of hours. 

BA reaps what it sows to some extent: very heavy discount fares ex Moscow , undercutting not only Aeroflot and Thai direct but also the cheap one stop carriers: Finnair, Fly Dubai, Vietnam , Ukraine, others.

So BA flies boozed up Russian 3 hours west, long transit , then 12 hours east and cheaply. Asking for trouble going for that market.

Edited by Prbkk

I guess there was no money in  it for them (police)? And to hell with international aviation regulations.

Me no unna stan! :whistling:

BTW - 4 weeks solitary confinement in a toilet may be suitable punishment for the Russian a'hole!

Edited by lvr181
Additional comment

Before I came to live in Thailand I was on a flight to BKK for a 2 week visit. A young woman started to scream & shout, hit an attendant with her shoe and no one could calm her. The flight was diverted to Dubai where we all had to disembark (don't know why-perhaps more than one injury). The woman was the only female member of a group of 6 going to BKK. It was only when the woman continued her raging when the rest of us were being issued with alternative flights, that she was arrested by armed soldiers. I have no idea what caused her rage.

Edited by TKDfella

Even on inbound Thai Airways flights I believe that the police are reluctant to prosecute aggressive passengers. Perhaps that is because they know from experience that it is difficult and likely expensive to force the witnesses to appear in court which is necessary to get a conviction.

I recall a case on a THAI BKK-LHR flight where some pissed-up idiot took a swing at a female cabin attendant. The guy was arrested at Heathrow but later plead not guilty. It was only after learning through his lawyer that THAI was going to fly 4 cabin crew to London to testify that he changed his plea to guilty. Obviously this is expensive for an airline and money they are unlikely to recover.

There are at least some cases where upon landing at BKK instead of being dealt with by the police, they are detained by Immigration as undesirables until they can arrange to pay for their own deportation because the airline that carried them to BKK can (and likely will) refuse to carry them back to their origin. I don't know whether they are declared persona-non-grata but it is possible that they are. That seems to me quite a pragmatic solution for Thailand.

5 hours ago, petermik said:

A couple of weeks in the Bangkok hilton is appropriate :whistling:

a friendly brawl russian style...when the thing starts boiling up many got up from their seats to get involved...lets the party start in the airplane...sorry boris u wannted stright to nana after arriving but they brought u over to bkk hilton for a while...russians just cannot handle alcohol the reason i think aeroflot prohibits alcohol on their flights...flew last time with them a great experience only friendly clean and nice behaved people...since that pom rak russia

Edited by free123

Watching the video it took several men to subdue this guy. I think the normal procedure in these cases is for the offender to be trussed to a seat with nylon handcuffs.

So in this case you would have to ask how was he detained and who let him go without the police attending? Something missing in the story.