Photo Printing

junglechef

There is a new service called Klam Studio here in town.  Khun Nek has a high end Canon inkjet printer (Pixma Pro-10) and advertises prints on Canon Pro Luster,  Pro Premium Matte,  Pro Platinum and Canvas.  He's got a FB page which has prices and his number is 0931 321 334 - I suspect you'll need a Thai speaker to work with him.  I saw a couple of samples of his work at the opening of the CMPG exhibition at Maya and they were very impressive.  If you want to see the quality that a Pro-10 can produce pop into the show on the 3rd floor since all the prints are made using one.  It's open until the 12th of Feb and you'll be impressed.

Incidentally, he lists the size of his A3+ prints incorrectly - it should read 13 x 19 inches.

If you use him, please either post here or send me a PM with some feedback.  Thanks.

Edited by Greenside

Though it took a bit of effort to get a commitment that he' be there he was a very pleasant guy.

Seems to really know his stuff and have the equipment to use it.

Unfortunately my file wasn't very good quality to really get a great print.

3 hours ago, junglechef said:

Though it took a bit of effort to get a commitment that he' be there he was a very pleasant guy.

Seems to really know his stuff and have the equipment to use it.

Unfortunately my file wasn't very good quality to really get a great print.

Sorry to hear it didn't work out for you.  Did you do any work on the file (Lightroom, Photoshop or similar) or was it straight from the camera?  You do need a well prepared file to justify the cost of printing at this level.

Does he speak any English?