Pattaya Condo Transfer of Ownership Costs

Hello,

Does anyone have a breakdown on the actually costs to transfer the ownership of a condo? How is it calculated?  I know you pay more if the condo has been owned by the previous owner for less than five years.

Do you pay more to put the condo in a foreign name if the quota is there for that option?

Just what am I going to have to pay at the land office ? And how do they calculate it. Does anyone have a breakdown? Condo I am looking at is 750,000 baht.  Current owner has owned if from new for about 2 years) It's now in a Thai company name.  cannot go into foreign name

What if the condo is in a Thai company name? how do you go about transferring the company name to my name? What about transferring out of the company name to a Thai name? as the condo I am looking at buying can only be in a Thai name   what are the costs to keep the company going yearly? Is this a good idea. Or is it better to put it in my Thai wife's name? Can the condo go into my daughters name (she is 15 years of age). She has dual Thai Australian Citizenship. (if that makes any difference).

What were your experiences, going down the different options?

Please save the silly remarks.  I have been married to my wife  for over 20 years. 

Thanking anyone in advance who can advise and shed some light on this.

Edited by burgerking

Has the condo Juristic Person confirmed to you that their is no foreign quota available, or were you told this by someone else?

A Thai person  would simply buy the property from the company and leave the previous owner with the company. They would not buy the company.

Thanks Blackcab,

I haven't spoken with the Juristic Person. Sounds like I need to pay them a visit.  The owner was the one who told me no foreign quota. he also said to me it's an easy transfer, but hey who wouldn't to clinch the sale.

Thanks  

Transfer costs for a condo. The land office costs are the same be it Thai company to Thai person or Thai company to freehold 

See this website

https://www.samuiforsale.com/real-estate/condominium-transfer-tax-and-fees.html

This website is very good for all information in relation to condo ownership

If the condo remains in the company name then it is just a matter of name transfer.

A lawyer will do this for you . Typical fees between 5000 and 10,000 Baht. The land office is not involved.

Either your wife or your daughter can take new ownership as they are both Thai

Not sure if your daughter will have to relinquish her Australian citizenship.

Has she aThai ID card?

10 minutes ago, Delight said:

Either your wife or your daughter can take new ownership as they are both Thai

Not sure if your daughter will have to relinquish her Australian citizenship.

Dual national Thai citizens can own land in Thailand without restriction.