Promenada parking shambles

brommers

Went to do my weekly shopping at Rimping at 10am today Friday, as usual. 

The parking in Building A is now closed until 11am and the only option was parking in the open and pushing my trolley 300 metres to a boiling hot car. No way!!! So I have now switched to Central Food Hall.

When I called Promenada to complain the answer was they "want to manage the parking". What the hell kind of sense does it make to bar a shopper? Apart from Immigration the only reason to go to Promenada was Rimping, and now that is no longer an option.

This nonsense applies every day so I can imagine this weekend there will be many unhappy customers. Shoppers beware!

Same in Maya .We arrived in the undergound parking area just before opening hours .In the half lit gloom, we found red string tied across parking spaces and a whistling guard waving us upwards .Apparently they want to fill certain areas up before they release the rest. I can see some logic in this but for goodness sake turn the lights on or the result will be a lot of broken string and confusion !

Promenada should understand the early morning crowd visiting Imm is paramount to their tenants survival,making parking a little easier would help

I went there early yesterday and got a spot about a minute's walk from the parking garage entrance- I was also surprised at the new regulations, but I suppose other businesses are complaining about the indoor lot being full much of the morning due to immigration.  There's plenty of outdoor parking available within about 100m, but I'd rather park closer in the shade if given the choice.  It's not the end of the world, I suppose.

Promenada invited Immigration into it's unpopular mall to fill up empty store space. If they did not know what sort if parking demand this would create they are simply guilty of not doing their homework. It was quite easy to see how many people were visiting the old offices. So they are to blame for the problem.

The issue is they are penalising customers of the only high volume store in tbeir mall, Rimping. It opens at 10 am and that us when I wish to shop. And there us no way that I am pushing a trolley to an open parking area and loading fresh meats and fish into a hot car.

This mall was sited badly in the first place. It failed to attract marquee stores except Rimping. It is like  ghost town for much of the week and very should be trying to attract people not turn them away.

The poor lady who had to handle my call admitted that they have have had hundreds of similar complaints. I am not surprised and she will get many more.

Hello Gillyflower. Rimping is in Building A, on the floor above the now barred parking area. From the top of the escalator from the parking area turn right and then right again and it will be ahead of you. It opens at 10 am and had a pleasant restaurant that opens earlier and serves good value breakfasts.

I am not surprised you did not know about Rimping because the exterior signage to & at the mall and the interior wayfinding information is deplorable. The mall management seem to be utterly incompetent in every way.

Fishman, this morning after I was blocked at Promenada I drove to Festival and parked on the lowest level at 11 am and completed my shopping. Weekdays the lower level is open at 11 and weekends at 10 am. These times coincide with the Food Hall opening hours unlike the new Promenada times in relation to Rimping.

Jesus! How much free parking do you need? Promenada has acres of parking space. You would think it was some sort of "Death March" to walk from some of the open air car parks. Unbelievable, some of the foreigners here are getting worse than the Thais, who refuse to walk more than about 5 metres, and would gladly sit in a taxi at a red light for half an hour rather than get off their asses and walk 50 metres down the street.

4 hours ago, Sparkles said:

Same in Maya .We arrived in the undergound parking area just before opening hours .In the half lit gloom, we found red string tied across parking spaces and a whistling guard waving us upwards .Apparently they want to fill certain areas up before they release the rest. I can see some logic in this but for goodness sake turn the lights on or the result will be a lot of broken string and confusion !

Promenada should understand the early morning crowd visiting Imm is paramount to their tenants survival,making parking a little easier would help

Promenada is a DUMP! there is nothing there worth visiting - apart from Rimping.

As for the Immigration - It is not staying, it is moving back to the Airport office as soon as the new buildings are completed, so hopefully, Promenada will just rot and die like Kaet Soun Gao, another decaying eyesore.

I think it might have something to do with keeping all the employees from parking in spaces before these places open?  For some reason, they can't control them by just making a rule about it.  You will notice that other malls ..the parking will be totally full before the mall ever opens. However, it is totally ridiculous. Especially since immigration is there, and Rimping is open before.

And to the posters above making stupid comments about people not wanting to WALK ..it isn't about that, it is about not wanting a HOT car, not wanting to put food in your HOT car, and why should you park in the damn sun when you are a customer and there are empty spaces sitting there, but blocked off?

5 hours ago, brommers said:

And there us no way that I am pushing a trolley to an open parking area and loading fresh meats and fish into a hot car.

Surely anyone who goes shopping to buy fresh meats, fish, as well as dairy products takes a Styrofoam cooler with them. I do as one never knows if one of those infrequent CM traffic jams might occur......

Much to do/say about nothing.....

We go for movies, Dukes, Rim Ping......Park inside = ok, park in the open = ok - have to park on the other side = ok.....

It's a shopping mall....I didn't get to cherry pick in the states & I don't get to here.....It's the luck of the draw.....

Pissing & bemoaning the fact won't change a thing......

Knowing full & well that it's a shopping mall people, albeit an inconvenient one - it's just another shopping mall....Everyone is aware going it.....To bitch about something you knew going in serves no realistic purpose.....

There's no "Whine Connection" there...

23 minutes ago, pgrahmm said:

Much to do/say about nothing.....

We go for movies, Dukes, Rim Ping......Park inside = ok, park in the open = ok - have to park on the other side = ok.....

It's a shopping mall....I didn't get to cherry pick in the states & I don't get to here.....It's the luck of the draw.....

Pissing & bemoaning the fact won't change a thing......

Knowing full & well that it's a shopping mall people, albeit an inconvenient one - it's just another shopping mall....Everyone is aware going it.....To bitch about something you knew going in serves no realistic purpose.....

There's no "Whine Connection" there...

Arriving at any time during the day, and finding no FREE spaces, because they are all FULL is quite different than what the OP is talking about.

People are not bitching about something they KNEW going in ..this is NEW info. The lot is now closed, when before it was OPEN.

If you think that complaining is pointless ..then why are you complaining about us, complaining???

Possibly because with many many trips to that mall NO parking spaces available has never occurred.....Our timetables change due to showtimes & mealtime hunger - but there has always been a place to park.....Only one time in the "north forty" & that was with the initial rain/parking lot flooding.....

It's a shopping mall, get over it - I've experienced more inconvenient parking situations a Airport Plaza & Central.....

But they are all malls, and gripe/whine/piss & moan or not the parking is still going to be unlucky or lucky.....

There are times I envy the scooter shoppers & easy parking access - but - as a car driver we take what we can get....Their business & practices = Our luck of the draw.....

Regardless of country......

Might as well complain that what we're shopping for is on the 5th floor instead of the easy 1st floor.....

They're just malls & each one has it's own set of dynamics....

1 hour ago, pgrahmm said:

Surely you don't drive around for hours looking for that ideal front spot or sit and block traffic waiting for one to open? Come'on this is Thailand, you gotta act like the locals....  :-)

45 minutes ago, sfokevin said:

While we're on the subject of parking shambles has anyone ever tried to park in the ramp at Kan Suan Kaew?... :coffee1:

Never ever had any issues with parking there. I always got to the 6th level and there always seem to be a space open no matter the time or day.

I wouldn't really expect a  Polish-Thai business to be efficient.  I look forward to the return to the Airport, especially since we need to go almost immediately upon returning from abroad.  Airport Plaza is a great place to bank and a very safe place to move large amounts from bank to bank without delays on checks or fees.  AIS, Sinet, PEA all are there, as well as the best banks.  They just opened a new DQ in the basement, and they are keeping the upstairs one open, too.  No complaints with KSK.....even if I take the free shuttle to Maya, I still walk down the street to KSK.

Went to do my weekly shopping at Rimping at 10am today Friday, as usual. 
The parking in Building A is now closed until 11am and the only option was parking in the open and pushing my trolley 300 metres to a boiling hot car. No way!!! So I have now switched to Central Food Hall.

When I called Promenada to complain the answer was they "want to manage the parking". What the hell kind of sense does it make to bar a shopper? Apart from Immigration the only reason to go to Promenada was Rimping, and now that is no longer an option.

This nonsense applies every day so I can imagine this weekend there will be many unhappy customers. Shoppers beware!

Did you try building B ? Plenty of parking there, no need to park outside.