No police on duty at local station for over 2 hours

webfact

No Police to be found

By Danny Boy -

station-3.jpg?fit=934,525

No police on duty at local station for over 2 hours

PATTAYA At around 12:30 on February 6th, a foreigner entered a local police station in Nong Prue to report a fatality that had occurred. To his amazement, there was not a single policeman or woman in sight.

Instead, he found 2 young workers, approximately ages around 20 years old, 1 male and 1 female. They were sat behind the desk, and had been instructed by their boss to take notes of any incidents reported, for them to be dealt with later.

After questioning the young girl working, she had told locals that her boss, the policeman on duty responsible for noting any incidents that night, had popped out for something to eat.

The foreigner wasn’t the only one waiting either, as by the time the officer on duty returned to his post, there was already a rather large group of people waiting to report incidents and crimes that had taken place.

Some locals told reporters that they had been waiting for over 2 hours.

The police failed to comment on the situation and immediately set about getting through the many incidents that had built up during his “dinner break”

Source: http://pattayaone.news/en/no-police-found/

pattaya-one_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Pattaya One 2017-02-06

So “dinner break” is the assumed reason. Some might be entitled to assume the reason was "short time hotel break". Others might assume it was "envelope collection break". Or "checking the night's takings in his beer bar break". In fact anyone can assume anything but the fact remains he was not doing the job he was paid to do.

Same at Immigration Jomtien. There are officials on duty, but they sent me two times away. Too early, come back in a weak,, then too busy, come back tomorrow. I wonder what the excuse will be tomorrow.

Edited by alocacoc

2 hours ago, Brer Fox said:

So “dinner break” is the assumed reason. Some might be entitled to assume the reason was "short time hotel break". Others might assume it was "envelope collection break". Or "checking the night's takings in his beer bar break". In fact anyone can assume anything but the fact remains he was not doing the job he was paid to do.

More likely a tea break and out collecting some tea money first

17 hours ago, alocacoc said:

Same at Immigration Jomtien. There are officials on duty, but they sent me two times away. Too early, come back in a weak,, then too busy, come back tomorrow. I wonder what the excuse will be tomorrow.

Never had that problem, they are usually very efficient.

17 hours ago, alocacoc said:

Not the same as I experienced at Jomtien Immigration. 

22 hours ago, Brer Fox said:

So “dinner break” is the assumed reason.

I know its ground breaking, but I heard that even police in Pattaya need to eat, I know right, how dare they..

Not sure what ask the fuss is tbh, my local cop shop in my home country also shuts its doors during breaks, and again over night, where serious cases are flagged to the next open cop shop.