Jomsap saga ‘shows need for more thorough inquiries’

webfact

Jomsap saga ‘shows need for more thorough inquiries’
By PIYANUCH TAMNUKASETCHAI
THE NATION

bbda0521d93dfca411b0bbc4acf17772.jpeg

NAKHON PHANOM: -- POLICE need to lift their investigation standards to a higher level, a senior cop admitted yesterday after a meeting with the Justice Ministry over the retrial for Jomsap Saenmuangkhot, the former teacher jailed for a fatal hit-and-run accident.

Police Inspector-General Gen Panya Mamen said the case showed that investigators need to lift their evidence gathering to “another level”.

“When they complete 100 per cent of a case investigation, the investigators must hike that to 102-103 per cent in the future,” he said. “This also is a cautionary tale for them to be more thorough in case probing and take it to another level to meet society’s expectation.”

He said the Jomsap case could pave the way for police reform and admitted it case had affected public confidence in the force.

Full story: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/national/30305803

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-02-07

Yeah, the level of just basic fact checking. In this case, a man was seen driving a green truck by witnesses at the crash scene yet they successfully prosecute a woman who drives a golden truck. Disgustingly poor form by any standards.

The whole system needs reforming. The confession system is ridiculous as incentives for blatant criminals to admit it and get a vastly reduced sentence is rife for abuse, and then the inactive post system for blatant misconduct / criminality by officers on duty is more of an incentive than a deterrent judging by the numbers of officers currently in inactive postings.

Rotten to the core ?

If the information was lifting the work regarding evidence gathering from 90 percent upp to 100, it would have been just fine. Going out with lifting from 100 up to 102-103 percent is total nonsense, due to that it´s not even possible for the ones that try.

What does a workforce in any job do when it's lazy and not held accountable for their actions or lack of? They get even lazier. They get complacent and arrogant. They get so used to being lazy and sloppy that if they ever get called out for it they get angry. 

This case was simply ridiculous. As long as someone is punished for the crime, the police don't care who it is. Can we now go back and have a look at the Burmese boys? Or has that one already been bought and paid for? 

A friend sent me this once:

Mathematical viewpoint   it goes like this:
What Makes 100%? What does it mean to give MORE than 100%? Ever wonder about those people who say they are giving more than 100%? We have all been to those meetings where someone wants you to give over 100%. How about achieving 103%? What makes up 100% in life?

Here's a little mathematical formula that might help you answer these questions:

If:
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z is represented as:
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26.

Then:

H-A-R-D-W-O-R-K
8+1+18+4+23+15+18+11 = 98%

And
K-N-O-W-L-E-D-G-E
11+14+15+23+12+5+4+7+5 = 96%

But,

A-T-T-I-T-U-D-E
1+20+20+9+20+21+4+5 = 100%

And,

B-U-L-L -S-H-I-T
2+21+12+12+19+8+9+20 = 103%

AND, look how far ass kissing will take you.

A-S-S-K-I-S-S -I-N-G
1+19+19+11+9+19+19+ 9+14+7 = 118%

So, one can conclude with mathematical certainty that While
Hard work and Knowledge will get you close, and Attitude will get you there, it's the Bullshit and Ass Kissing that will put you over the top.     

Police Inspector-General Gen Panya Mamen said the case showed that investigators need to lift their evidence gathering to “another level”.

“When they complete 100 per cent of a case investigation, the investigators must hike that to 102-103 per cent in the future,” 

I have transfigured the above into a more sensible statement including such variables as complacency, laziness, scapegoating, loss of face and of course misunderstandings, and this came out:

“When they complete 10 per cent of a case investigation, the investigators must hike that to 12-13 per cent in the future,” 

The police, any police, need to be well trained professionals, who act without fear, favor, and enforce the laws impartially and equally to all. They must be professional, competent, diligent, effective and must not through nepotism, financial gain, or influence show favor. 

Oh well,

Edited by Baerboxer

8 hours ago, webfact said:

“This also is a cautionary tale for them to be more thorough in case probing and take it to another level to meet society’s expectation.”

Yes we have the expectations could you please fill them actually. Sounds like another numbers game to me.