New rules for bank deposit for retirement extension??

phuketjock

Did my annual retirement extension today at Phuket town immigration made sure all my ducks were in a row

, did not need FNF or TM47, did need TM 2. and TM7. and pic in front of my condo door with no. showing, no problems,

pick up PP tomorrow and do my Re-entry permit.

But during my visit to my Bank for my FCD account statement and bank funds verification letter the bank clerk/officer

informed me that I could have the letter and statement in GBP this time but in the future my funds would have to be in 

Thai Baht, this being due to a new agreement between my bank SCB and immigration according to her. I have always

used this GBP FCD account for my retirement funds for the last 9/10 years, has anyone else heard of anything like this 

surfacing on their patch?? She also told me that the statement was 200 baht but due to the agreement with imm. it was

free, but the verification letter is still 200 baht. the statement was free last year too, so I am not really sure what is going

on???

When I raised the matter with immigration in Phuket town they told me they have never heard of any such thing and one

IO simply said change your bank.

I have double posted this because it is particular to Phuket but could affect everyone on extensions?

13 hours ago, phuketrichard said:

heard this  before and not sure regarding getting the letter from the US outreach for pension that they no longer accept cash but u need a bank draft or cashier check,

any one confirm...deny??

The new policy regarding payment at outreach events is on the US Bangkok Embassy's website.

Cash is no longer accepted. You must bring a bank draft for the correct amount when paying for service at an outreach. The Embassy updates the exchange rate periodically, and posts the rate that has to be used when paying.

10 hours ago, DrDave said:

The new policy regarding payment at outreach events is on the US Bangkok Embassy's website.

Cash is no longer accepted. You must bring a bank draft for the correct amount when paying for service at an outreach. The Embassy updates the exchange rate periodically, and posts the rate that has to be used when paying.

Sorry guys the thread is about money in bank for retirement extension not about US outreach or Embassy payments.

:offtopic: