American father of 'DJ JJ' plunges to death from Thong Lor condo

webfact

American father of 'DJ JJ' plunges to death from Thong Lor condo

By Coconuts Bangkok 

9699604924_9d78f4b6fd_b_0.jpg

File photo of Bangkok skyline. Photo: Eustaquio Santimano

BANGKOK: -- An elderly American is believed to have jumped to his death from the tenth floor of his condo building in Thong Lor area early this morning.

Bernaro Kasher, 86, was found dead outside of his building on Soi Sukhumvit 55 at 3am today. In his pocket, police found a piece of paper with his personal identification information written on it and the business card of his daughter, Jamjuri “Julie” Kasher, also known as DJ JJ on radio station EAZY FM105.5.

When police knocked on the door of the family’s condo, Jamjuri was shocked to wake up from her sleep and find out that her father had allegedly committed suicide.

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2017/02/08/american-father-dj-jj-plunges-death-thonglor-condo

coconts_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Coconuts Bangkok 2017-02-08

26 minutes ago, realenglish1 said:

My guess is he was terminal  Sorry to see you go but 86 is a good age if you are going to go

I understand his plight, but surely there are ways less traumatic for the family (and cleaner too). RIP!

2 hours ago, tubby johnson said:

Jumping off a building can kill or severely injure people below. A very selfish act to end your life publicly like a drama queen. Do it quietly, with at least your dignity intact, not a grand spectacle that traumatizes other people.

That's probably why he did at 3am. Nobody about at that time..!!!

Jumping off a building can kill or severely injure people below. A very selfish act to end your life publicly like a drama queen. Do it quietly, with at least your dignity intact, not a grand spectacle that traumatizes other people.

+1.....yes I agree

1 hour ago, balo said:

When your 86 its easier just to take an overdose of something and sleep forever. 

If you don't move in such circles where you know how to buy "something" then it is not as easy as it ought to be.

If you are 86 and without quality of life then agreed it should be made painless and convenient for all concerned.

However - all religions have always demanded sacrifices, and we have not yet grown out of the era of sacrifice.

On 2/9/2017 at 1:46 AM, mcfish said:

Wrapping a garbage bag around your head and securing with tape is almost a pleasant way to go. Jumping is just plain messy.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Tricky to do from the inside don't you think? Give it a go and let us know how it pans out ;)

Tricky to do from the inside don't you think? Give it a go and let us know how it pans out [emoji6]

I will help you. Try this, place garbage bag on head. I assume you know where your neck is? Seal off with masking tape wrapped around your neck.

Got it? [emoji53]

Doesn't sound that challenging..

My sincere condolences to the neighbours staying in the condo building. Must be terrible  having inconsiderate neighbours who mess up the common area this way plus also in a way spoilts the "image " of the building plus also the  spooky factor now involved. I really think that some of the neighbours staying there might be shocked and might need some professional counselling especially children, teens, young kids etc.....they should bill the estate of the dead or his next of kin.

On 2/8/2017 at 5:46 PM, mcfish said:

Wrapping a garbage bag around your head and securing with tape is almost a pleasant way to go. Jumping is just plain messy.

A 70 yo friend developed cancer. It came back a 2nd (or 3rd) time.  They later found the MRI results in his bedroom.

He had told a neighbor, if the day ever came, how he was going to end his life: As an ex-Marine, he'd shoot himself with a military handgun.

He didn't want to do it out in the woods where animals might scavenge the body. But neither did he want to leave a mess in his house for family to discover and someone would have to cleanup.

So he DOUBLE-BAGGED his head before shooting himself there.

Edited by hyperHowie
Forgot wording

On 2/8/2017 at 2:46 PM, mcfish said:

Smothering to death? I don't think so. Too bad it is not easier to get barbiturates or strong prescription opiates as a second choice. 

On 2/8/2017 at 7:56 AM, Chalard said:

That's probably why he did at 3am. Nobody about at that time..!!!

Bangkok is the city that never sleeps.

On the other hand, who knows if he was even aware of what he was doing. Dementia affects the elderly is  different ways. It can suspend their grasp of reality and impair judgement.

On 2/11/2017 at 1:40 AM, Canceraid said:

My sincere condolences to the neighbours staying in the condo building. Must be terrible  having inconsiderate neighbours who mess up the common area this way plus also in a way spoilts the "image " of the building plus also the  spooky factor now involved. I really think that some of the neighbours staying there might be shocked and might need some professional counselling especially children, teens, young kids etc.....they should bill the estate of the dead or his next of kin.

In Thailand, no one gets too upset over a dead body. Remember that the body is only a vessel for the spirit and one is reborn. I still get queasy, but Thais don't seem to have this issue.

Smothering to death? I don't think so. Too bad it is not easier to get barbiturates or strong prescription opiates as a second choice. 

It's the same as an undected pressurisation leak on a jet. As the oxygen runs out the pilot gets a bit confused and eventually passes out with even knowing what's happening. I've experienced it at an airforce base in a compression chamber simulating those conditions.

It's nothing like being smothered by a pillow at all. Completely painless and has to be the best option out of a lot of bad ones. The bigger the bag the better.. Don't want to get claustrophobic now do we..