webfact

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Get Real

Oh dear,another "if you don't like it here,why don't you go home, freak.

My life is wonderful here because i don't have to live in one of the coastal resorts,but still have access to them.But i tend to fly a lot.

Your remark about the French revolution is a silly comparison.The FR was an uprising that was backed by eminent people that wanted to be equal,and wanted to rid the country of the people that plundered it for their own gratification,and a monarch,who was so far up his own arse, with importance and autocratic sovereignty,and the  poverty in which they lived,they were suppressed by an elite,which is very similar to the conditions in Thailand but its still going on here. You are a fool, indeed,to think that 25 years is going to see any real changes here. With your blind attitude to the real problems here and the impossibility of change in the relative short term,it is pointless to further any discussion with you.Your statement,indicates that you know nothing of any histories of countries that,have suffered revolutions,and have developed from the antiquated to the modern society.Or you are very young,and not long here.I suggest you stay here a few years,say 10,and come back later when your attitude has been changed by the realities of living here.Up until then.There will be no further conversation between us.

There are none so blind,as those who cant see.

On Thursday, February 09, 2017 at 4:36 AM, smedly said:

has it just suddenly come to light that there is corruption within the RTA

That is a huge step forward

What's the next great discovery in Thailand ...........................no such a thing as powdered water - there's nothing to mix it with

You use dehydrated water, everyone knows that. 

13 hours ago, ELVIS123456 said:

The "Georgian solution' seems to me to be the ideal way to go here in Thailand - and will probably work.

Sack all (100%) of the police force. Replace them with army personnel. Then replace those army personnel with more recruits. Make the only avenue to the police force, through the army (or navy). 

No guarantees - but the current Police system whereby regular exam cheating is accepted and is only the beginning of the corruption - must be destroyed. You cannot reform a totalitarian state - you have to destroy it.  

You make some good points here, and I would supplement them with the absolute need to pay a good salary and by issuing a brand new uniform so that people can tell he is not of the old brigade and that he has been properly trained to ensure the rule of law is followed by all, and not by selective enforcement. Eventually, all police would be from the new school, it will take many years, but a start has to be made. Big problem would be from those higher up the food chain who have come to expect an easy living and additional non-taxable income. Therefore a cull of senior officers would be needed.

6 hours ago, lvr181 said:

Similar to insanity? 

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein 

Crazy is synonymous to insane in my opinion yes, thanks for the source of that quote :)

On 2/9/2017 at 9:36 AM, Katipo said:

So basically they are being told to start acting like police and stop acting like mafia.

LOL yeaaaaaaaaaaaaa right. That'll NEVER happen. Welcome to Thailand where rule of law is a rumor heard on some news station (probably foreign).

lvr181

Einstien was wrong.

I went to see a movie called Ben Hur,years ago.Great film,which ended with a fantastic Chariot race,In the film,the black horses won the race.I saw it again 10 years later on DVD.I was at home with my dad.The Race part came on,this time i had a bet with him that the white horses would win.Well,i thought they ran a good  race,and it was very close last time:crazy:.

On ‎2‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 6:49 PM, Wilsonandson said:

Thaksin and his influence over the police force were the sheeps only chance.

Just like the Phillipines, like Trump in America, the rise of the far right in Europe, the military taking back Egypt, Turkey in chaos and Venesula on the verge of civil war. Sometimes you win and sometimes you lose.

The army won in Thailand and the only challenge to the army are the police. The yellows rubbing the noses of the reds.

the Yellows began in late 2005..... wasn't it? with a strong force.... 700,000 strong that I know of....that wasn't the Army or Police. of course, that is also not a monolithic group of folks... but a very strong one. what force?

well... it ain't the Army.  

as I understand it, when Sondhi began his protests one of the first arenas was near Lumphini and was joined by ajarn upset that the 1997 Constitution..... for whatever reason brought about a then renewed and current proposal, in November of 2005 or so, to move on decentralization (a long running Thai goal post since post WW2) and the requirement to place schools under local control.... the teachers joined Sondhi to protest that they would lose their Civil Service status. 

the only challenge to the army is the police?????

what do I have wrong here?

that's what I remember.

Edited by maewang99