Health Ministry aims to cut teenage pregnancy rate by 50 percent

webfact

Health Ministry aims to cut teenage pregnancy rate by 50 percent

G0DL5oPyrtt5HBAi37TrnnIB4J6okFCsfWe57apJ

BANGKOK: -- The Ministry of Public Health has set a target to reduce teenage pregnancy by 50 percent within 2026 as the pregnancy rate among girls and teenagers aged from 10 to 19 had now risen to 15 percent of all pregnancies, Public Health Minister Piyasakol Sakonsattayathorn said on Wednesday.

According to the information of the Health Department in 2015, there were altogether 104,289 teenage pregnancies or an average of 286 cases each day, representing 15 percent of all pregnancies.

Also, sexually-transmitted diseases (STDs) among female teenagers, complications from unsafe abortions, abandonment of new-born babies by teenage mothers are on the rise, said the minister.

“We cannot solve the problem of teenage pregnancies by one organization. We need cooperation from all stakeholders, the private sector and civil society. We aim to reduce (teenage pregnancy) by half within 2026,” said Dr Piyasakol.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/health-ministry-aims-cut-teenage-pregnancy-rate-50-percent/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2017-02-09

Well if they aim to cut teenage pregnancy rates by 50%, they should introduce sex education in schools.

Also make condoms easily available, because they wont stop them having sex.

Teenagers will want to try it, i know i did as a teenager.

Teaching them about STDs and condom use would be helpful.

1 hour ago, RigPig said:

Just make the fathers actually support their off spring, that should do it.....

Unfortunately these young men have found some right old stupid mugs to do that for them including me,when I lived in Phuket every girl had offspring and their fathers all died in scooter accidents.i couldn't believe they had so much bad luck.its an ego thing and a must for a Thai boy/man to breed from birth,then before or when the bastard arrives it's time to spread their wings and go copulate another younger one without a thought of responsibility.in fact my step sons father would probably want to stab me as I'm providing and giving him some sort of chance in life.only thing is he died in a scooter accident.

7 hours ago, trogers said:

So, all teen girls from age 10 will all be fitted with chastity belts, and all keys held only by the Ministry?

Sterilisation would be more effective.

By the way, the Gardasil vaccine, said to protect against cervical cancer, may also reduce teen pregnancies as it appears that apart from a whole host of other illnesses and disorders, it may also cause ovarian failure. 

http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-01-17-american-college-of-pediatricians-hpv-vaccine-causes-ovarian-failure.html