Does Pattaya have Internet service on month to month basis ?

thairookie

I am told with True Cable TV if you are a Thai you don't have to subscribe on a yearly or half yearly basis.  It's on a month to month basis.

With Internet I wonder if there is such service available to farangs.  I am not referring to those data plans pre-paid cards.  It's the home wifi or broadband that I am concerned.  There are months which I am not in Thailand and I wouldn't want to pay internet fees for nothing.

For home broadband, they usually have an 'installation' fee that they waive in exchange for you signing the contract for 12 months or whatever. If you cancel before the end of contact, you then have to pay this 'installation fee'

I've seen on some forms that you can elect to pay for this 'installation fee' upfront instead and can leave whenever you want

but the fee is anything from 2, 4000 up to  8000 in some case, where the monthly fee is only around 1000 baht or less, it doesn't make sense to pay this fee if the remainder of your 12 months contract is less than the fee

If you can get Thipmanee (TMN) FTTH internet (call them to see if they serve to your location) they have month by month service.  You do need to purchase the "modem" (ONU) for B2,000.

They offer a 20/5 Mbps package for B599/month and an 30/10 Mbps package for B1200/month.

That said, I have the 20/5 Mbps package and my 3BB 18/1.8 Mbps package has much better speed for overseas sites.  Next month I'm going to try a month of the 30/10 Mbps package and see if it's any better.  I went into this as a B2,599 gamble to see if I could get something faster than my 3BB ADSL.

1 hour ago, wpcoe said:

If you can get Thipmanee (TMN) FTTH internet (call them to see if they serve to your location) they have month by month service.  You do need to purchase the "modem" (ONU) for B2,000.

They offer a 20/5 Mbps package for B599/month and an 30/10 Mbps package for B1200/month.

That said, I have the 20/5 Mbps package and my 3BB 18/1.8 Mbps package has much better speed for overseas sites.  Next month I'm going to try a month of the 30/10 Mbps package and see if it's any better.  I went into this as a B2,599 gamble to see if I could get something faster than my 3BB ADSL.

What does 20 in 20/5 and 18 in 18/1.8 mean ?

My condo runs on Thipmanee WiFi but the speed sucks.

7 hours ago, thairookie said:

What does 20 in 20/5 and 18 in 18/1.8 mean ?

My condo runs on Thipmanee WiFi but the speed sucks.

20/5 Mbps = 20 Mbps download speed and 5 Mbps upload speed

18/1.8 Mbps = 18 Mbps download speed and 1.8 Mbps upload speed

1 time Installation fee for monthly payment is normal.

You will receive every month a new bill to pay (at office). If you are late or not here, your internet will be disconnected and than you will have to pay RE-connect fees next time or even when 1-2 months no payment is done, the full installation price again.