Cops find 56 million baht in cash under the bed of drug lord's wife

webfact

6 hours ago, Adeeos said:

Cops find $156,000,000 Baht under a bed,,,,, edit,, $56,000,000 found under a bed,,, LAST time we will EVER hear about this,,,, HOW many headlines like this are posted on THAI new sites?..... 555555555

1." Cops find $156,000,000 Baht "                is that United States dollars or Thai baht?

2. Then edited to $56,000,000 - fifty six million U.S.Dollars which at todays rough exch rate =  THB1,963,904,933.19.One billion, nine hundred and sixty three million,  nine hundred and four thousand , nine hundred and thirty three THB.

Is there room for some confusion here/

My grandson, when he was two years old, stood in the rooms corner looking into the corner where he could not see me and automatically assumed that I would not see him as well. But at that time he already knew that the "under the bed" storage was not the safest of all .......... 

4 hours ago, ratcatcher said:

1." Cops find $156,000,000 Baht "                is that United States dollars or Thai baht?

2. Then edited to $56,000,000 - fifty six million U.S.Dollars which at todays rough exch rate =  THB1,963,904,933.19.One billion, nine hundred and sixty three million,  nine hundred and four thousand , nine hundred and thirty three THB.

No, just Thainess

5 hours ago, ratcatcher said:

Nothing gets edited anymore. Reporters send in copy with "alternatives" but sub editors  (those that have not been replaced with algorithms) either don't know or don't care so the copy just goes on as written. And I've yet to meet a reporter that can add up.

11 hours ago, jaltsc said:

“She denied that it was drug money56 million baht"

Let's give her the benefit of the doubt. Perhaps she was a bar girl, who was really, really, reaaaaaaaaaaaaaally, good at her profession, and just placed the money near her work station. .

If she was that good at her job I'm sure you would have had a gaping hole far safer to keep the money in.

12 hours ago, Adeeos said:

Cops find $156,000,000 Baht under a bed,,,,, edit,, $56,000,000 found under a bed,,, LAST time we will EVER hear about this,,,, HOW many headlines like this are posted on THAI new sites?..... 555555555

Nothing gets edited anymore. It's not just Thailand, look at the online newspapers or the news services like the  Gnews app. Reporters send in copy with "alternatives" but sub editors  (those that have not been replaced with algorithms) either don't know what to do or don't care so the copy just goes on as written. And I've yet to meet a reporter that can add up.

The problem with all that cash is that it's getting increasingly difficult to spend it.

Fifteen years ago here in Greece, I bought a property, and to complete the deal, I had to go to the bank and draw out €100,000 in cash (the bank helpfully provided a carrier bag to put it in), walk it round to the notary's office, and then sit for half an hour while the vendor counted it. Once that was done, the papers were signed and the deal done. On the paperwork, for tax purposes, the price paid was €50,000.

These days (and I suspect it's now the same in Thailand), that isn't so easy, at least not for larger sums. The taxman has got wise to the sieve-like properties of cash deals, and wants to see a paper trail.

So it's all very well having 56m Baht cash under the bed, but if you can't show where it's come from, translating that money into solid assets like a nice house and/or car is just another problem. Even the laundering loopholes are closing fast.

56 Mill will be chump change,just his at hand money..there will be more...did you notice pic on wall.......big cop and him or ??....all big drug dealers connected and pay from there profits but there comes an end where they dont just want a cut ..they want it all..same in the other case with the lao kingpin..they all know whats going on and take when they can take it all..saves time..and many people getting shifted around now and checked more  so they scared to keep collecting with the Army checkin over there shoulders so better arrest him,look good,keep and share everything..everyones a winner..well nearly!

On 2/10/2017 at 8:26 AM, webfact said:

56 million baht in Thai and Malaysian currency

I guess drug lords don't deal much in Lao kip currency..   His girlfriend would need a ladder to climb up on her mattress.

The 100,000 kip note (the largest denomination) = about 400 baht.

laos-100000-kip-new-bank-note.jpg