Tony Kenway murdered in Pattaya over 8 million baht debt, say Thai police

webfact

1 hour ago, raro said:

I was asking myself the same thing reading through this and related threads. Justice is served in the court of law, not by shooting someone. I fully understand that a criminal would never take another criminal to court because he might end up in jail as well, but saying this "out of court settlement" equals justice is a bit of a stretch.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00LD using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

We would appear to be in a minority - there are far too many bottom-feeders around here that readily accept lawless 'wild west' type solutions.

I thought the world, and humanity, had progressed beyond that - clearly,  many around here are lower down the evolution scale than I previously thought.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, JerryinTH said:

The scam just works because 99% of the population is plain stupid. The new generation is even worse. 

Pre-IPO Uber shares? Sign me up! 

What precedes stupidity of course is greed. Most scams work on the basis that most people are greedy. Then stupidity kicks in.

There's also a 2nd kind of scam - which I got taken for twice in Cambodia  3 or 4 years ago - which is based on a victim's kindness ...

20 hours ago, khunpa said:

No pity from here either.

The guy got what he deserved. You scam people, this is what you risk. Poor kids having a father like that.

Criminals often seem kind of stupid though. If you kill a guy, then how can he pay what he owes? Lots of other smarter options, if you want to get violent and need people to pay their debt.

Especially as he has kids, there is a great way to convince him to pay.

So much speculation on this case but many things do not add up . Maybe revealed today by the RTP .

1/ Who in their right mind would order a killing and send in 2 farangs who stood out like a sore thumb on the cctv and were tracked through immigration and motorcycle hire . So much easier to have used a pro Thai hitman who could also have stolen the car to make it appear to be the motive . It all seems a Mickey Mouse plan which would not be difficult to solve unless of course there were guarantees of no repercussions .

2/ Owed 8 million baht , the killing put an end to the debt and any chance of reimbursement , or did it ?

3/ Could another motive be that Kenways empire was getting too big and he was flaunting it  .

4/ Why did Toby confess so easily to ordering the killing ?

5/ Why were the 2 assassins allowed to escape from Thailand and then disappear in Cambodia ? Their mobiles could have given some vital evidence to all involved . 

6/ How did the assassins know of Kenway's movements and that he would be at the place of murder at the given time ? could there be another accomplice ?

7/ Is Toby married and what kind of relationship did he have with Kenway and his wife ?

8/ Why was the extradition from the RTP so belated ?

I feel there is so much more to this murder than we know at the moment with further twists and turns possible , especially if someone squeals .

How can people feel confident justice is served  in Thailand communities while the justice system encourages the media to spread malicious information that damages the reputation of not just a murder victim but his friends, family and associates,   along with suspects arrested on charges and yet to face court to determine anything the inimitable Thai police say about them in public?  None of the aforementioned apparently have a right of reply to defend themselves against anything a most uncredible police organisation has to say about them.  I have yet to see any accused person given media space to defend themselves against such gossip or to dispute the outrageous claims police or their media flunkies spout as a matter of course.

45 minutes ago, superal said:

So much speculation on this case but many things do not add up . Maybe revealed today by the RTP .

1/ Who in their right mind would order a killing and send in 2 farangs who stood out like a sore thumb on the cctv and were tracked through immigration and motorcycle hire . So much easier to have used a pro Thai hitman who could also have stolen the car to make it appear to be the motive . It all seems a Mickey Mouse plan which would not be difficult to solve unless of course there were guarantees of no repercussions .

2/ Owed 8 million baht , the killing put an end to the debt and any chance of reimbursement , or did it ?

3/ Could another motive be that Kenways empire was getting too big and he was flaunting it  .

4/ Why did Toby confess so easily to ordering the killing ?

5/ Why were the 2 assassins allowed to escape from Thailand and then disappear in Cambodia ? Their mobiles could have given some vital evidence to all involved . 

6/ How did the assassins know of Kenway's movements and that he would be at the place of murder at the given time ? could there be another accomplice ?

7/ Is Toby married and what kind of relationship did he have with Kenway and his wife ?

8/ Why was the extradition from the RTP so belated ?

I feel there is so much more to this murder than we know at the moment with further twists and turns possible , especially if someone squeals .

1 One possible explanation is that it was difficult to find someone to take out Kenway. According to Factfinder, a poster on this thread and others yesterday, Kenway had a hit out on Toby (actual name Nelhams) and this is why Nelhams had fled to Cambodia in 2015.

2 The money was owed to Kenway by Nelhams, again this is according to Factfinder. 

3 Who knows? It could be that Nelhams wants to come back to Thailand and needed Kenway out of the way

4 He hasn't so far as I am aware. 

5 They left immediately after the killing and got through the checkpoint before the police could stop them. Why it took the RTP so long to ask the Cambodians for help seems highly suspicious to me. 

6 If it was indeed his ex-partner then he likely had some knowledge about him. Kenway also wrote a public review for that gym on his Facebook page. 

Tony and Toby's differences were no secret quite clearly; Toby a resident of Pattaya for well over a decade having to retreat to Cambodia in 2014 with his tail between his legs after having his "Business" forcibly taken by the deceased and his band of brothers  clearly did not go down too well. Neither did the actions that Tony took it upon himself to do to Miles Turner when he was under the pairs employment. When cash is king there is nothing that will get in the way.

I am surprised that there has been no discussion of Mr. Kenway's "Marketing Company" being raided a couple of years back by the RTP and Australian Federal Police. However the word on the street is even with the boss gone the wheels have started to turn again, rats on a wheel; maybe a new Audi will be in order I hear they do them with bullet proof glass.

https://www.cambodiadaily.com/news/police-deny-thai-murder-arrest-report-124998/

It appears that the Cambodian authorities, particularly the Interior Ministry have issued a statement via a newspaper proxy. I'd say they are attempting/ preparing to wipe their hands of this potentially embarrassing situation. Had someone within the Cambodian chain of command accepted money, either pre or post shooting then these facilitators would be complicit in a few areas. Even the perception of harboring fugitives is enough to want to bury this case from International scrutiny and condemnation. A cold case is sometimes like a draw. No clear winner or loser. Interesting.

Edited by Rimmer
Font size

10 hours ago, auskanga said:

https://www.cambodiadaily.com/news/police-deny-thai-murder-arrest-report-124998/

It appears that the Cambodian authorities, particularly the Interior Ministry have issued a statement via a newspaper proxy. I'd say they are attempting/ preparing to wipe their hands of this potentially embarrassing situation. Had someone within the Cambodian chain of command accepted money, either pre or post shooting then these facilitators would be complicit in a few areas. Even the perception of harboring fugitives is enough to want to bury this case from International scrutiny and condemnation. A cold case is sometimes like a draw. No clear winner or loser. Interesting.

That's a fairly massive leap your taking on reading the article! !. A minister saying he has no knowledge of an arrest. To bungs a very dangerous leap by yourself.

On 2/11/2017 at 7:20 AM, superal said:

So much easier to have used a pro Thai hitman who could also have stolen the car to make it appear to be the motive .

Maybe because carjacking, although possibly common enough where you come from, would stick out like the proverbial in LOS where flash cars don't get messed with, not even by the local plod.

2/10. Must try harder at thinking through your arguments.

On 2/11/2017 at 7:20 AM, superal said:

How did the assassins know of Kenway's movements and that he would be at the place of murder at the given time ?

Maybe you missed the bit about the shooter and driver lurking around the gym for at least 2 days before the hit.

2/10. this is getting predictable

10 hours ago, Deepinthailand said:

That's a fairly massive leap your taking on reading the article! !. A minister saying he has no knowledge of an arrest. To bungs a very dangerous leap by yourself.

A leap? Really? Let me see... a Cambodian policeman or official accepting a bribe in order to make things un-happen and never exist? Probably cheaper to do it in Cambodia than here IMHO.

6 hours ago, NanLaew said:

A leap? Really? Let me see... a Cambodian policeman or official accepting a bribe in order to make things un-happen and never exist? Probably cheaper to do it in Cambodia than here IMHO.

As I said a massive leap. Proof non. Assumption/speculation is a very dangerous pastime. Also things like this tend to be turned into an assumption fact, in a few posts time. I tend to go on facts only. Very hard to get here so I don't make Assumptions based on speculation.

On 2/14/2017 at 6:18 AM, The Jackal said:

Tony and Toby's differences were no secret quite clearly; Toby a resident of Pattaya for well over a decade having to retreat to Cambodia in 2014 with his tail between his legs after having his "Business" forcibly taken by the deceased and his band of brothers  clearly did not go down too well. Neither did the actions that Tony took it upon himself to do to Miles Turner when he was under the pairs employment. When cash is king there is nothing that will get in the way.

I am surprised that there has been no discussion of Mr. Kenway's "Marketing Company" being raided a couple of years back by the RTP and Australian Federal Police. However the word on the street is even with the boss gone the wheels have started to turn again, rats on a wheel; maybe a new Audi will be in order I hear they do them with bullet proof glass.

Toby is living, and your "boss" Tony aint..i would rather be Toby. and bullet proof Audi isnt going to help if you can just open the door and put 1 in his head, good riddance to scum

Edited by brianj1964

On 16-2-2017 at 2:46 PM, brianj1964 said:

Toby is living, and your "boss" Tony aint..i would rather be Toby. and bullet proof Audi isnt going to help if you can just open the door and put 1 in his head, good riddance to scum

Pretty sure there is a clean up going on at the moment.

11 hours ago, Factfinding said:

Pretty sure there is a clean up going on at the moment.

A clean up of mouthy little<deleted> all growing up but now think they're villains because they get money taken from the by the Thai old bill to continue ripping innocent people off.

Factfinding you strike me as being one of the sheep.