Getting Ready to Fight Fire and Smog in Chiang Mai

webfact

Getting Ready to Fight Fire and Smog

by CityNews

16709438_1149544565143090_207704860_o-68

CityNews – Chiang Mai about to launch a ‘Don’t Burn for 60 Days’ campaign and local district heads are mobilising volunteers, organising training seminars to educate farmers, clearing firewalls and making announcements to ask the citizens to be vigilant about reporting fire this year.

On February 9th, Siwa Thamikanont, the Omkoi District Chief announced that his office and related departments as well as 300 people in his district will be working to protect the forests in his area.

On the same day at Ban Nong Hoi in Mae Ram Sub-District of Mae Rim District, volunteers of wildfire protection from 12 villages joined activities to reduce fire in the Doi Suthep-Pui area. 

Full story: http://www.chiangmaicitylife.com/news/getting-ready-to-fight-fire-and-smog/

changmainews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Chiang City News 2017-02-10

44 minutes ago, 1Gringo said:

children are going to be the enforcers?

good thing they are revered in this country.  everybody listens to them.

Guess the army is busy picking their nose. And yeah they should educate the farmers more.

As i understood there are "aliens" over there, who would love to teach the farmers and use a very cheap methode

for burning without the tremendous smoke. Government should provide more material for clean burns then.

But guess lots of land is getting used illegally, so then you should use your military troops. Maybe extra drones for easily detecting where is the fire.

1 hour ago, 1Gringo said:

children are going to be the enforcers?

good thing they are revered in this country.  everybody listens to them.

yeah. thais.....when they aren't abusing, molesting or raping them.:sad:

Edited by DKNY77

25 minutes ago, chiang mai said:

A few resident expats could do a lot worse than to pitch in and help out with this effort rather than p*ss taking and complaining.

I only said to a mate yesterday if the road through the rice fields where me and 'er indoors cycle every evening becomes full of smoke from burning the edges I will put the damn fires out with water from the klongs , Thais just like burning stuff for no apparent reason.

6 hours ago, chiang mai said:

A few resident expats could do a lot worse than to pitch in and help out with this effort rather than p*ss taking and complaining.

Where can i get a volunteer visa and work permit and i will be

happy to take a breath of fresh air--(cough)!:sick: