Family believes man killed himself over wife’s pretty eyebrow tattoo

webfact

Family believes man killed himself over wife’s pretty eyebrow tattoo

By Coconuts Bangkok

beautiful-2314_960_720.jpg

BANGKOK: -- A man allegedly drank pesticide to end his life yesterday after his wife refused to listen to him when he told her not to get an eyebrow tattoo, according to his family.

Ampai Kiangsri, 44, was found dead in a rubber plantation five kilometers from his village in the Isaan province of Bueng Kan yesterday. Next to his body, police found ten empty beer bottles and another bottle believed to have contained pesticide.

His relatives said that about two weeks ago, a cosmetic tattoo artist came to their village and offered an eyebrow tattoo job for only THB1,500. Ampai’s wife Sathian wanted to get one, but Ampai disapproved. He told his wife that she was naturally beautiful and that he loved her as she was.

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2017/02/10/family-believes-man-killed-himself-over-wifes-pretty-eyebrow-tattoo

coconts_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Coconuts Bangkok 2017-02-10

It might have been an accident. They did report finding 10 beer bittles beside him. That's a lot of alcohol. 

The same thing happened to a neighbour of ours decades ago in Ireland. He was an out and out alcoholic and accidently poisoned himself one night.

Edited by djayz

"Ampai’s family believe he decided to commit suicide because he was hurt by the teasing and paranoid that his wife would seek romance elsewhere. They also said Ampai had been suffering from depression following a motorcyle accident."

A His wife quite rightly felt her eyebrows' shape was her choice. 

He was already paranoid and depressed. 

Guess he felt that suicide was the only option. 

10 beers probably didn't help his thinking process. 

Edited by Bluespunk

1 hour ago, bkkgooner said:

Sounds more likely that he mistook the bottle of pesticide for a bottle of beer, his family sound a bit thick

Pesticide is and has been a very popular method of committing suicide in Thailand. However, as suicide is technically frowned upon by the Buddhist faith and because some feel it reflects poorly on the image of the country, this fact has been successfully self-censored by the media. He might have been drinking a lot, but a bottle of pesticide is going to be thought of as a premeditated act based on LONG experience by the authorities. If you are going to go why not have a bunch a beers and then that final bottle.

Edited by LomSak27

This is about what I think of these eyebrow tattoos. But maybe it was CHang beer?.. surely 10 cans would kill anyone.   

Poor wife has to live with this burden.  But he did try to tell her his wishes... 

22 minutes ago, Elkski said:

This is about what I think of these eyebrow tattoos. But maybe it was CHang beer?.. surely 10 cans would kill anyone.   

Poor wife has to live with this burden.  But he did try to tell her his wishes... 

He tried to forbid her to not change her looks. 

Her body, her decision. 

Edited by Bluespunk

I think the 3-d tattooed fake Groucho Marx tattoos on Thai women are freakin' ugly. I'll flip through photos online and think, "what the hell was she thinking"?

Never bothered me enough to drink Roundup though. 

"A man allegedly drank pesticide to end his life yesterday after his wife refused to listen to him when he told her not to get an eyebrow tattoo..."

How refreshing to see that there are still some people who live by (and die by) traditional standards. 

18 hours ago, djayz said:

It might have been an accident. They did report finding 10 beer bittles beside him. That's a lot of alcohol. 

The same thing happened to a neighbour of ours decades ago in Ireland. He was an out and out alcoholic and accidently poisoned himself one night.

I was trying to resist, but... You did say this happened in Ireland. 

:sorry:

Dude come to Pattaya, 10 beer bottles is an afternoon warm up for the night ahead.

Beer is pretty mild on the alcoholic index. There are far more severe and potent stuff out there.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

17 minutes ago, fstarbkk said:

I was trying to resist, but... You did say this happened in Ireland. 

:sorry:

The incident I referred to happened in Ireland, yes. The point I was trying to make is that people who consume large amounts of alcohol do stupid things/make mistakes. 

Maybe this fella committed suicide, maybe he was as pissed as fiddler and accidently drank the poison. We'lm never know. 

Although I would not kill myself over it I too have an Eyebrow thing\

I like natural Eyebrows not the ones plastered with eyebrow pencil  to make them look heavy They end up looking like Groucho Marx 

It looks cheap that way 

Natural (plucking is fine) but natural is very sexy for me 

Some makeup is fine but my skin crawls when I see some women wear makeup so thick you could peel it off like a mask 

Edited by realenglish1