Double tragedy as eight year old drowns trying to save sister, 6

rooster59

Double tragedy as eight year old drowns trying to save sister, 6

NjpUs24nCQKx5e1A7xQyKOwOJAOWLo4DCDpSL0TUW4C.jpg

Image: Thairath

A brother and sister both drowned in a double tragedy when they went to a canal after school on Friday.

A six year old girl fell in the water and could not swim. Her brother, aged 8, jumped in to try and save her but both ended up drowning in the water.

Another child who was with them ran to the village in Selaphoom district of Roi-Et but by the time help arrived at the Nong Kathi canal both children were found dead.

Dead at the scene were Ranakorn Phannin, 8, and his sister Chalida, 6.

Source: Thairath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-02-11

Very , very sad , just a  tragedy .

been say for all the years I have been going to thailand, they need  compulsory swimming lessons at school .

like in  Australian schools.

my girls we learning to swim at 6 months old and now both are great swimmers.

thailand village are full of  dangerous water holes .

just feel for the family.

1 hour ago, georgemandm said:

Very , very sad , just a  tragedy .

been say for all the years I have been going to thailand, they need  compulsory swimming lessons at school .

like in  Australian schools.

my girls we learning to swim at 6 months old and now both are great swimmers.

thailand village are full of  dangerous water holes .

just feel for the family.

Totally agree but it isn't always about the ability to swim.  Panic and the desperation of trying to save the other person can make even the most efficient swimmers vulnerable to drowning.  Really sad loss of such young lives.

2 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

Totally agree but it isn't always about the ability to swim.  Panic and the desperation of trying to save the other person can make even the most efficient swimmers vulnerable to drowning.  Really sad loss of such young lives.

You see I have seen how young kids lean to swim over the last 12 years and it is very , very good 

thailand needs to step up now and start it in their schools to teach kids how to swim.

i know , not lots of pools around but most  provinces have pools .

This is a very sad story of innocence and joy being taken away from a family at such an early stage in life.
 He will be watching over her on their journey as he did in life. That is a guarantee!!

Also, as sadly as the incident is, mandatory swimming lessons at whatever age, whilst at school has not even been thought of, or will it be in our life time, let alone acted upon.