Police make arrest after "windscreen washer" video goes viral

rooster59

Police make arrest after "windscreen washer" video goes viral

washer.PNG

Image: Komchadluek

Thong Lor police went to the Klong Toei intersection last night after a Facebook video showed a gang of windscreen washers menacing a driver.

They arrested  20 year old Pongwat Sinchai, 20 and fined him 1,000 baht for causing a public disturbance. They also arrested two girls aged 14 and 15 who were involved.

The video - posted by someone using the name Mai PhCh - was viewed 1.2 million times in just one day. It showed the gang approaching a car and offering to clean the windscreen.

The driver does not want that but they continue just the same. Then they want money for their "service". When none was forthcoming foul language was used as they surrounded the car and banged on the windows.

Police denied they were doing nothing and letting the gangs operate without sanction. They said the gangs came out at night and members of the public should report it so that something can be done.  

Source: Komchadluek

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-02-11

" Police denied they were doing nothing and letting the gangs operate without sanction. They said the gangs came out at night and members of the public should report it so that something can be done."

yes going out on patrol looking for criminal activity is out of the question.

5 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

How can three people 'surround' a car?

They didn't.

Just stood on the side of the road and walked around the car every now and again.

The banging on the window consisted of a hard rap if anything. 

They were intimidating mind, one was on the phone most of the time.

Calling up reinforcements or at least attempting to appear to do so.

Lot of snarling and finger pointing. 

As i say, intimidating. 

They didn't look very dangerous to me , anyway I would probably handed over 40 baht even if I didn't ask for a car wash.

Viral video, really  ? Would never happened in any other country . TIT. 

Edited by balo

8 minutes ago, balo said:

They didn't look very dangerous to me , anyway I would probably handed over 40 baht even if I didn't ask for a car wash.

A well deserved Colonel award. :thumbsup:

KFC.jpg

2 hours ago, grumbleweed said:

Hunting down and arresting cheeky kids. An amazing display of the RTP's ruthlessness, I bet hardened criminals are crapping themselves

These three kids are out intimidating / trying to intimidate motorists at night. What will they be doing when they're in their 20s and 30s? 

Yes, the police should follow up, fine and have a serious word with them.

Life is difficult, but they're too young to be allowed to do what they please. With a bit of help and guidance, they might be able to get off the streets and find normal work later in life. 

Today he rapped on the window, what will he do tomorrow or the next day? 

The car driver remained cool and calm. There are many people here who wouldn't tolerate a young lad tapping on his window. I'd hate to read that the same kids were found dead along the side of the road because of such shenanigans. 

Yes, the RTP were right to get involved.

Edited by djayz

4 hours ago, balo said:

40 baht to wet the windscreen when not asked? I get my entire car washed for 80baht.

7 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

" Police denied they were doing nothing and letting the gangs operate without sanction. They said the gangs came out at night and members of the public should report it so that something can be done."

Especially when talking of Thonglor RTP>

5 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

Why have to pay them for making car windows more dirty?

Have the same problem with little shits muddling up your windows here in Nigeria on intersections (were the traffic lights work). 

They don't care what you want, they just want money and its pretext to extort it.

Worst at weekend, I've had to take to avoiding certain roots to avoid them as they mob any care they see with a white driver know they have FA chance of getting money from a tight fisted Nigerian. If your not forthcoming with the Niria they thump and/or scratch your car as you drive off.

Now its the only time I drive through the traffic lights on red (just like all the locals here) if I can, to avoid stopping!

57 minutes ago, Cracker2000 said:

Have the same problem with little shits muddling up your windows here in Nigeria on intersections (were the traffic lights work). 

They don't care what you want, they just want money and its pretext to extort it.

Worst at weekend, I've had to take to avoiding certain roots to avoid them as they mob any care they see with a white driver know they have FA chance of getting money from a tight fisted Nigerian. If your not forthcoming with the Niria they thump and/or scratch your car as you drive off.

Now its the only time I drive through the traffic lights on red (just like all the locals here) if I can, to avoid stopping!

Maybe time to buy a helicopter?

At gasoline stations in Thailand  i like it when they clean my windscreens and give a tip but on the public road then i not a fan of it.

10 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

At night time? Come on now .............

15 hours ago, djayz said:

These three kids are out intimidating / trying to intimidate motorists at night. What will they be doing when they're in their 20s and 30s? 

Yes, the police should follow up, fine and have a serious word with them.

Life is difficult, but they're too young to be allowed to do what they please. With a bit of help and guidance, they might be able to get off the streets and find normal work later in life. 

Today he rapped on the window, what will he do tomorrow or the next day? 

The car driver remained cool and calm. There are many people here who wouldn't tolerate a young lad tapping on his window. I'd hate to read that the same kids were found dead along the side of the road because of such shenanigans. 

Yes, the RTP were right to get involved.

" These three kids are out intimidating / trying to intimidate motorists at night. What will they be doing when they're in their 20s and 30s?  "

They'll be BIB's demanding brown envelopes. Just serving apprenticeship now. Kinda like school work experience.