??? 6 - 8 Emergency Vehicles Last Nite ???

Gonzo the Face

Somewhere near me, close to Charoenrat Rd. & Rama IX Bridge. last night around 10:30, there were more than half dozen emergency vehicles with sirens blaring , roaring down the street.  Anybody hear of any serious accident or occurrence  around that time ???  Must have been kind of big.

Unrelated....and I do apologise, but in the very early hours of yesterday morning some poor sod road his motorcycle into the moat at Chiang Mai Gate.  Pitch black and he went under.  People were straight in the water trying to find him but when located was unconscious.  Emergency staff and people on handtried CPR and as far as I gather with no luck.  I just noticed the follow up coverage by the Chiang Mai Rescue Club that highlighted that more may have been possible had a defibrilator been available.  Once agian they are seeking direct bank donations to buy a unit that costs sightly under 100k Baht.

I am in now way critical of these rescue guys but just find this sort of thing a damning indictment of the priorities for government and provincial spending.

end of whinge...and again my apologies to Gonzo

Archived