THAI staff asks PM to probe “policy corruption” in airline

webfact

THAI staff asks PM to probe “policy corruption” in airline

G0DL5oPyrtt5HBAi37Trxm8yWXHR43CpHqIGSuPe

BANGKOK: -- A group of employees of Thai Airways International Plc gathered at Suvarnabhumi international airport on Sunday morning to demand Prime Minister Prayut Chan-ocha to use his special power vested by Section 44 to set up a special panel to investigate former boards and managements of the national flag carrier for alleged policy corruption.

The group who called itself Network of THAI Volunteers against Corruption demanded a comprehensive probe into the conduct of the boards and managements over the rehabilitation program for 2009-2011 which covers the procurement of two fleets of 75 new aircraft at a total cost of 440 billion baht.

The group said that the first fleet of 37 aircraft worth about 200 billion baht was procured within the period from 2011 up to 2018. The second lot of 38 aircraft worth about 240 billion baht was scrapped by the cabinet in 2010.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/thai-staff-asks-pm-probe-policy-corruption-airline/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2017-02-13

THAI staff urge PM to tackle ‘corrupt’ practices at airline
By The Nation

0cf64f022e0a400da69516e9d17c2709-sld.jpe

BANGKOK: -- A group of Thai Airways International (THAI) employees have called on Prime Minister General Prayut Chan-o-cha to exercise his special powers under Article 44 of the interim charter to tackle “corrupt and dubious” practices at the national flag carrier.

Nares Peung-yam, a THAI employee representative, said the airline’s board of directors and management had recently reduced the lifespan of aircraft in the airline’s fleet from 25 to 20 years, which would result in the disposal of old planes at low prices. 

The change would affect about 50 |aircraft.

Full story: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/national/30306240

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-02-13

I wonder why they don't ask the PM to use first his special power on the Rolls Royce case.....:coffee1:

That's because the PM has already waved his hand and dimissed the RR case as "in the past" so don't bother. No doubt some mates involved.
Interesting that the group has gone public, we'll see how long their jobs last. Or maybe we won't see.
Anyway, good on 'em!
Didn't I read that Thai have a bunch of newish planes rotting in a paddock somewhere?

2 hours ago, webfact said:

...management had recently reduced the lifespan of aircraft in the airline’s fleet from 25 to 20 years...

That may be a good thing going forward. Perhaps their biz and first class cabin crew could also be put out to pasture earlier.

:coffee1:

24 minutes ago, candide said:

I wonder why they don't ask the PM to use first his special power on the Rolls Royce case.....:coffee1:

I think he has already used his "special power" and told Rolls-Royce not to divulge the names of the people involved in the bribe scandal as it might bring shame upon the Country and embarrass some of those high up on the food chain.

1 hour ago, Brer Fox said:

I think he has already used his "special power" and told Rolls-Royce not to divulge the names of the people involved in the bribe scandal as it might bring shame upon the Country and embarrass some of those high up on the food chain.

Is this another example of fake news?

3 hours ago, scorecard said:

Is this another example of fake news?

Whatever I "think" could hardly be described as "news".

If you want to read fake news try this story. Author talking about Foreign Currency Reserves when he should have been talking about Treasury Currency Reserves. Little wonder the PM gets grumpy.